Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

2010 Salsa?

Old 10-15-09, 06:03 PM
RacerJRP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2010 Salsa?

Has anybody seen or heard about the 2010 Salsa Con Crosso? Since the two bikes I was supposed to be ordering fell through due to things beyond my control, this bike has been brought to my attention. I dont like red though, and thats all they had in 09 apparently?

Or if anybody has some better pics of the 09 that maybe make the red not look as bad...?

Thanks
Old 10-16-09, 06:24 AM
onespeedfreak

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the '09 and the '10 are the same thing and both red. what size are you looking for? i bought one but it is a little to big for me so i am letting it go CHEAP so that i can order the right size.
Old 10-16-09, 08:39 AM
hocker

Bikes: Road and Mountain

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here is mine. I liked the green a bit better at first, but after getting it built-up I grew to love the red. The Clif development team rides this frame, but in the team colors. , but I did see a couple of them riding the red frame around Boulder last week.

Sizing is tricky with the Chili, onespeedfreek would probably agree. If you can't ride one, then go 3-4 sizes down from your road bike size. For example, you ride a 55 road bike then get a 51 Chili. Or, just match top tube lengths from your road bike. This is what I did and I feel I am sized perfectly on this bike. It's a top notch frame and super light, you can't go wrong with any color.

Old 10-16-09, 09:13 AM
jwible
Draught

Bikes: N-1 where N = number needed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by onespeedfreak
the '09 and the '10 are the same thing and both red. what size are you looking for? i bought one but it is a little to big for me so i am letting it go CHEAP so that i can order the right size.
What size? Selling the bike or frame / fork?
Old 10-16-09, 09:38 AM
onespeedfreak

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jwible
What size? Selling the bike or frame / fork?
it's a size 51, which as stated above is more like a 'standard' 55. selling the frame and fork so i can get the next size down. frameset is two weeks old, i built it up and rode it around the block a couple of times to see if i could get it to fit but no luck. i feel pretty dumb about getting the wrong size but i'm sure i'm not the first person this has happened too.
Old 10-16-09, 10:33 AM
hocker

Bikes: Road and Mountain

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by onespeedfreak
it's a size 51, which as stated above is more like a 'standard' 55. selling the frame and fork so i can get the next size down. frameset is two weeks old, i built it up and rode it around the block a couple of times to see if i could get it to fit but no luck. i feel pretty dumb about getting the wrong size but i'm sure i'm not the first person this has happened too.
You are not the first person to get this wrong. I got lucky as my LBS made the mistake of ordering a couple wrong sized frames prior to ordering mine.

Jwible, it looks like you have a couple road bikes so I would match up your virtual TT length of your road bikes to the size chart on Salsa's Website. My road bike has a 53.7 TT, on Salsa's Website the 49 has a 54 TT. This is what I got and it fits with a slightly shorter stem. The second asterisk under the geometry chart states "Size of frame is measured center to top of top tube which is 3cm smaller than traditional flat top tube frame geometry" which means that the way Salsa sizes Chili's differ 3cm from other bikes. I went one size further because I read you should size down your CX bike one size because of stand over height. I usually ride a 53 road bike and I bought a 49 Chili. But, the Chili has a sloping TT so you probably don't really need to care about stand over anyways. I hope this helps and doesn't confuse.
Old 10-16-09, 11:23 AM
jwible
Draught

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Stork is a 54. My modern Ciocc is a 56. The Storck is a tad compact but fine. I'm thinking a 51 Salsa would be fine.

Onespeedfreak, what's the price and where is it? I'm planning on a cross race on Halloween. I can pull most parts from other bikes with the exception of brakes and a smaller crank.
Old 10-16-09, 11:42 AM
onespeedfreak

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My Stork is a 54. My modern Ciocc is a 56. The Storck is a tad compact but fine. I'm thinking a 51 Salsa would be fine.

Onespeedfreak, what's the price and where is it? I'm planning on a cross race on Halloween. I can pull most parts from other bikes with the exception of brakes and a smaller crank.
i am in chattanooga,tn. $600... less than what i paid but i am worse off not having a bike that fits.
Old 10-16-09, 11:54 AM
jwible
Draught

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Frame fork and headset right? Got a spare set of cranks and a BB by any chance?

Shoot me a pm and we may be able to work a deal. I'm about two hours south of Chattanooga down 85.

-- PM sent.
Old 10-16-09, 04:00 PM
erichkopp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hocker

I really like the way your bike looks. What kind of chain guide are you using? And what gearing are you running?
Old 10-16-09, 04:25 PM
onespeedfreak

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Frame fork and headset right? Got a spare set of cranks and a BB by any chance?

Shoot me a pm and we may be able to work a deal. I'm about two hours south of Chattanooga down 85.

-- PM sent.
i sent you a message
Old 10-16-09, 07:37 PM
jwible
Draught

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haven't gotten it yet. But I'll keep looking for it.