Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Worst. Customer. Evar!

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Worst. Customer. Evar!

Old 12-23-20, 10:52 AM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
Originally Posted by PaulRivers
Being that you followed up by doing the exact things I just mentioned:
1. Attack the person (because they bad idiot)
2. Redirect into a meltdown about how (they didn't do it right)
3. Ask time consuming or difficult questions to try to fatigue the other person until they give up.

I'd say my observation wasn't just an observation but was right on. The "sales person tries to trick you then gets increasingly aggressive and upset when you realize the trick" thing is cliche.

If I bought a part and it didn't work and I want to return it (via policy) I'm not obligated to sit through your various tactics to try to make the situation time wasting and uncomfortable in the hopes I'll give up on the return.
Your entire argument is: "the fact that you pointed out that someone is wrong makes you wrong" - and you followed it up by "the fact that you pointed out that my argument is wrong makes you wrong".

Please just stop. You are embarrassing yourself. Go read the original post and/or have someone explain it to you.

(I have bought some stuff from BDop and they are Good Guys).
Likes For guadzilla:
Old 12-23-20, 10:58 AM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Duplicate

Last edited by guadzilla; 12-23-20 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-23-20, 10:59 AM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Originally Posted by Elbeinlaw
But if he's going to do a return or refund anyway, then to keep going back to insist that the customer jump through hoops--that appears from the consumers' standpoint to be obstructive behavior, and guarantees that he's going to lose a customer. Maybe the customer is a jerk and the OP is going to be glad to get rid of him. But a guy like this customer who's an aXXhole is going to trash that business to all of his friends and relatives. The multiplier of lost goodwill should be a big concern.
As someone who runs a small business, I can assure you that there ARE customers you want to lose. Simply not worth the hassle. By caving in to ridiculous demands, you only encourage this sort of behavior.

Let's see what happened: Customer emailed for warranty, his first answer was to say "yes, we will sort you out, just give us the info we need to do so". That's a GOOD thing. Then he gave the customer multiple chances to provide the info. It's easy for you to tell him to go ahead and provide a refund without verifying - those of us who actually run these damn businesses do so to make a living, not for charity.

Seriously, in what world are you interpreting this as him being difficult? Is this just the typical Bikeforums contrarian post just for the heck of it?

Originally Posted by Elbeinlaw
The point I was trying to make in my much-maligned post was that there's the BUSINESS OWNER'S PERSPECTIVE and the CONSUMER'S PERSPECTIVE. Neither is right, though the zeitgeist the last several years is to pin "right" on one side and "wrong" on the other. The business owner almost always has a reason for their procedures. But the customer doesn't know those reasons and doesn't care. All the consumers sees is that the business is providing good service or not. It's true that in these days of no-customer-service, a consumer will more quickly jump to the conclusion that even a reasonable question is going to be an excuse not to provide relief. But anyway, if the perception (note that I do not say reality) is that the business owner is putting stumbling blocks in the way, the consumer will walk away. Particularly on small cost, orderable-on-line goods.

That doesn't mean that anyone should take any *****. Or that it's OK to dish it out.
Sorry, but that first part - no one is right or wrong: in some disagreements, that is certainly true. But it is definitely NOT a truism, as you make it out to be. In some cases, one party - buyer or seller - can flat out lie or misrepresent or otherwise be in the wrong. To argue that there are always 2 sides of the story is moral relativism taken to absurd levels.

To argue that sellers should put up with lying customers for fear of losing them is equally absurd. Why not just let shoplifters get away with things then - they might not come back, they might tell their friends and after all, there are 2 sides to the story.

I mean, i get the general point you are making about customer service, but how in the name of ghu does any of that generic stuff apply in this particular case???

Last edited by guadzilla; 12-23-20 at 11:05 AM.
Likes For guadzilla:
Old 12-23-20, 05:31 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Originally Posted by guadzilla
Your entire argument is: "the fact that you pointed out that someone is wrong makes you wrong" - and you followed it up by "the fact that you pointed out that my argument is wrong makes you wrong".

Please just stop. You are embarrassing yourself. Go read the original post and/or have someone explain it to you.

(I have bought some stuff from BDop and they are Good Guys).
^ Just like the scummy salesman I was saying, you're very upset at someone pointing out your favorite tactics, and will conntinue with saying anything - any lie, insult, or abuse - to try to keep getting away with it.
Old 12-23-20, 06:28 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20801 Post(s)
Liked 9,448 Times in 4,666 Posts
^ Just like the scummy salesman I was saying, you're very upset at someone pointing out your favorite tactics, and will conntinue with saying anything - any lie, insult, or abuse - to try to keep getting away with it.
^ Just like the scummy customer I was saying, you're very upset at someone pointing out your favorite tactics, and will conntinue with saying anything - any lie, insult, or abuse - to try to keep getting away with it.
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 12-23-20, 06:32 PM
Bob Dopolina 
Mr. Dopolina

Bikes: KUUPAS, Simpson VR

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 41 Posts
So wait, are you now calling me "scummy?"

Having the audacity to ask a customer ANY BASIC QUESTIONS is somehow displaying dishonest, underhanded behavior?

Last edited by Bob Dopolina; 12-23-20 at 09:08 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-23-20, 06:37 PM
Bob Dopolina 
Mr. Dopolina

Please show us on the doll where reality touched you.

Last edited by Bob Dopolina; 12-23-20 at 07:39 PM.
Likes For Bob Dopolina:
Old 12-23-20, 06:46 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Quoted: 20801 Post(s)
Liked 9,448 Times in 4,666 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Dopolina
So wait, are you now calling me "scummy?"
What world do you inhabit?

it must be a truly bizarre one. It must be one where someone having the audacity to ask a customer ANY BASIC QUESTIONS is somehow dishonest, underhanded behavior.

Your posts are mind-bogglingly ridiculous.

Please never, ever contact us for any reason whatsoever. You are clearly the embodiment of this entire thread.
His entire line of reasoning rests on the unassailable foundation of him being right. Anyone that sees it differently is wrong, because he is right. Any facts that contradict him must be lies, because he is right. Supporting facts with logic is browbeating, because he is right and you're a lying liar and he can see through your games. Rinse, repeat.
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 12-23-20, 09:31 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
So wait, are you now calling me "scummy?" What world do you inhabit?
Notice how far you went to try to turn this into that? These used to confuse me, then I realized...

it must be a truly bizarre one. It must be one where someone having the audacity to ask a customer ANY BASIC QUESTIONS is somehow dishonest, underhanded behavior. Your posts are mind-bogglingly ridiculous.
I'm talking to this person.

Please never, ever contact us for any reason whatsoever. You are clearly the embodiment of this entire thread.
Apparently with BDop Cycling Company Ltd is a common case that your customers get mad at you, and you're practiced at exhausting, degrading, and attacking them for it - to the point of going onto forums and bragging about it. I can't imagine wanting to order from there to begin with.

Like I said usually this is just solved with something like:
Usually what experienced places do is something like "It sounds like unfortunately we won't be able to diagnose what went wrong without seeing the bike. You can return the part for a full refund, or bring the bike in and we'll take a look at it in person."
Old 12-23-20, 10:26 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8258 Post(s)
Liked 8,980 Times in 4,451 Posts
Notice how far you went to try to turn this into that? These used to confuse me, then I realized...

Apparently with BDop Cycling Company Ltd is a common case that your customers get mad at you, and you're practiced at exhausting, degrading, and attacking them for it - to the point of going onto forums and bragging about it. I can't imagine wanting to order from there to begin with.

Like I said usually this is just solved with something like:
I don't have any skin in this game and I've never noticed your posts being negative before but this time you are way off base. Sorry, I'm not trying to insult you, just an observation.
Likes For big john:
Old 12-23-20, 10:48 PM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Wow. Even given the general idiocy that permeates the 41, this is a truly special post.

And re the bolded stuff - past tense is incorrect. Stuff STILL confuses you.
Old 12-23-20, 11:02 PM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Please show us on the doll where reality touched you.
Reality and he dont seem to have EVER crossed paths.
Likes For guadzilla:
Old 12-24-20, 02:43 AM
Bob Dopolina 
Mr. Dopolina

I'm not sure what happened to you but it must have been tragic.

Last edited by Bob Dopolina; 12-24-20 at 05:04 AM.
Old 12-24-20, 06:55 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Quoted: 10957 Post(s)
Liked 4,613 Times in 2,118 Posts
Time to close this mess before half of you get put in Bike Forum jail for insulting and unnecessary arguing.

Likes For Trsnrtr: