Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Beginner eyeing Java Fuoco 5. Recommendations?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-21, 03:09 PM
kkd9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm completely new to the bike game and would like some recommendations on whether to pull the trigger on this bike I have my eyes on: the Java Fuoco 5 for $1200 usd.

I've been riding my 15 yr old mountain bike on the road a lot recently and I'm looking to upgrade to an aero roadbike.

The Fuoco 5 seems to have the best specs and components out there for the price, though I'm new and not sure. It's all carbon including wheels, has discbrakes, 105 components.

There's also another Java model (Vesuvio) with aluminum wheels instead that's $900 but I read that carbon wheels can make a real difference on ride quality and maybe the extra $300 is worth spending?

Here are details for the bike:

Frame: Carbon Toray T800

Fork: Carbon Toray T800

Seatpost: Carbon Toray T800

Integrated carbon handlebars

Shifter: Shimano 105 R7000

Derailleur: Shimano 105 FD-R7000

Rear derailleur: Shimano 105 RD-R7000

Front disc: DECA Spider 50-34T

Wheels: DECA Carbon Air

Chain: YBN SLA 11a gold chain

Cassette Sprockets: 11-28, 11s

Tires: KENDA Kriterium folding rim 700X23C

Quick Release: DECA Titanium

Saddle: DECA By Selle Royal

Size : 48, 51

Colors: black/red, black/yellow, grey, white and blue

Forum won't allow me to post photos or link to a photo...

Of course if anyone has recommendations for any other bike they think would be better than this I'm all ears!

Java is I think a Chinese brand btw and their products are apparently hard to find in the US and Europe. They've apparently been making good bikes over the years and this is their fifth edition of the Fuoco model.
Old 08-05-21, 03:39 PM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8265 Post(s)
Liked 9,000 Times in 4,456 Posts
I've never heard of that brand. It seems pretty cheap but how do you know what you're getting?
Old 08-05-21, 06:44 PM
kkd9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They're for sale here in Southeast Asia in quite a few shops, including one a friend runs, and these are the listed specs. I think this model just recently launched maybe less than a month ago.
Old 08-05-21, 08:30 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,721 Times in 1,005 Posts
It reminds me of a Canyon...looks wise

Old 08-06-21, 07:48 AM
big john

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 8265 Post(s)
Liked 9,000 Times in 4,456 Posts
Originally Posted by kkd9
They're for sale here in Southeast Asia in quite a few shops, including one a friend runs, and these are the listed specs. I think this model just recently launched maybe less than a month ago.
If you like the bike and you have a shop that will stand behind it, what's the question?