Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Show Us Your BMC

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Show Us Your BMC

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-10, 12:00 PM
phee

Bikes: BMC RM01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another Team Machine. These are going to be everywhere once Competitive Cyclist is done. But what a great bike.

Here's to the maiden voyage either later today or tomorrow morning!
Old 03-06-10, 07:02 PM
ultraman6970

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Well, if u can afford it anyways
Old 03-06-10, 08:46 PM
leooooo

Bikes: Gaulzetti Cazzo, Gaulzetti Corsa, Gaulzetti Ti, Gaulzetti SS prototype, Motobecane Fantom CXX, Ridley XFire

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So true, Phee, so true. Hope I don't bump into you!!
Looking all same and everything
Old 03-08-10, 11:12 AM
ultraman6970

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Here we go... no more changes until next year maybe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCF1768.jpg (94.3 KB, 231 views)
Old 03-15-10, 05:08 PM
go4gr8
Mountain goat

Bikes: BMC Team Machine SLR01, (RIP) BMC Team Machine SLT01, CDale SuperV400, Cramerotti Genius Nivacrom, C'Dale R600

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My new BMC! I haven't got a new road bike since 1994.

Old 03-15-10, 05:27 PM
hansel

Bikes: '09 BMC roadracer, CAAD3, CAAD4,'88 Steel Custom, F moser track bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
welcome to the club, looks great! they're great bikes. How do you like that wheelset? im currently in the market.
Old 03-15-10, 06:07 PM
go4gr8
Mountain goat

Bikes: BMC Team Machine SLR01, (RIP) BMC Team Machine SLT01, CDale SuperV400, Cramerotti Genius Nivacrom, C'Dale R600

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hansel
welcome to the club, looks great! they're great bikes. How do you like that wheelset? im currently in the market.
Thanks! Wheelset is awesome! There's nothing like it!!
Old 03-15-10, 06:21 PM
elemental

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by go4gr8
My new BMC! I haven't got a new road bike since 1994.
With all that time to think, you definitely did it right.
Old 03-15-10, 06:51 PM
phee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Aren't they beautiful? Congratulations! Did you do the build, or was that a pre-built? Those wheels look great on there.
Old 03-15-10, 07:19 PM
tonyzackery

Bikes: Giant Aero Road Bike, Quintana Roo TT bike, Airborne crit bike, Leader track bike, System6 in build stage

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A real "heinz 57" of a build, but as the proup papa, "I love 'er" just the same.

She'll be flogged, er, I mean raced hard this spring and summer so I posted her already over in the racing section of the forum.

Microshift front and rear derailleurs. Ultegra 6700 shifters. BeOne fork out of England. Circus Monkey (Token, FeatherBrakes, Planet X) orange anodized brakes. Powerway wheels. Aerozine crankset. Maxxis Detonator tires. Fizik Arione orange saddle - the icing on the cake.
Attached Images
SSA51674.jpg (96.0 KB, 442 views)
SSA51678.jpg (78.7 KB, 250 views)
SSA51675.jpg (95.3 KB, 244 views)
SSA51676.jpg (97.4 KB, 232 views)
SSA51677.jpg (92.1 KB, 246 views)
Old 03-15-10, 07:32 PM
RacerMike
Huge Member

Bikes: 2009 BMC Team Machine, Pedal Force RS2, Salsa Campeon, Jamis Nova, Trek 7000

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Waiting for the build.

l_1600_1200_8e7ed737-1b25-4c69-a24e-d5ddc74ab516.jpg
Old 03-15-10, 07:36 PM
ultraman6970

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Awesome...!!!

Where did u get the wheels? Canada?
Old 03-15-10, 07:39 PM
hansel

Bikes: '09 BMC roadracer, CAAD3, CAAD4,'88 Steel Custom, F moser track bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the sl01 looks really good, bravo on the color matching. as for mike, i am enraged with envy on that frame. by far the greatest looking frame ive seen in a long time. We will be expecting photos once it is done.
Old 03-15-10, 08:01 PM
elemental

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am enraged with envy that the CC deal is happening now, as I am starting a job in June that will allow me to make enough to drop ~$2K on a nice road bike. Oh well, a CAAD 9 with Rival and Solitudes is as nice as a Team Machine with Force and . . .

Forget it. I am going to be mad about this forever. I've only been dreaming about a BMC since the first time I saw one.
Old 03-15-10, 08:12 PM
go4gr8
Mountain goat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phee
Aren't they beautiful? Congratulations! Did you do the build, or was that a pre-built? Those wheels look great on there.
Thanks! Bike was built by CC. Then I installed the pedals, the computer, the wheels, brake pads and the new PRO stem. I asked CC to install the barrel adjusters (for free) and they opted for the TT saddle since I told them I'd be using this for a TT bike as well. CC is just awesome!!!
Old 03-15-10, 08:14 PM
go4gr8
Mountain goat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elemental
With all that time to think, you definitely did it right.
It's all about the timing! I was going to go for a Pinarello FP-something..then I saw the deal at CC.
Old 03-15-10, 11:34 PM
ultraman6970

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Elemental I know what u mean... dreamed about having one until CC came out with the deals. Sold some wrappp... borrowed some bucks from wifey (she was maddddd)... she got some extra money coming from the stuff i sold when i returned her the money, then she got happy... got the bike so i got even happier. Now the darn weather sucks in here so haven't ridden the bike for more than 10 minutes to test the position when i moved the measurements from one bike to the other. Strangely, the position felt right the 1st time.
Old 03-16-10, 01:18 AM
rollin
Sua Ku

Bikes: Trek 5200, BMC SLC01, BMC SSX, Specialized FSR, Holdsworth Criterium

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Everyone on this thread should buy a torque wrench. My first promachine cracked at the seat collar - overzealous mechanic (not me). BMC then started printing the torque specs on the frame.

Here was my first promachine, all natural carbon, no paint.:

The shop noticed it and changed the frame no questions, bmc was great. It was the day before a race and they authorised swapping the frame over the phone. I loved the natural carbon.
Old 03-16-10, 04:58 AM
phee

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am a mechanic by trade, so I have all the tools When I went to tighten the seatpost I set my 1/4" torque wrench to spec and started. It is amazing to me how much that wee little bit of torque actually is. I can see how easy it would be to overtighten the bolts, but without that torque wrench I definitely would have undertightened the bolt just to be on the safe side. +1 on getting a torque wrench.
Old 03-16-10, 05:45 AM
go4gr8
Mountain goat

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In regards to torque wrenches, I don't have one so I go by the feel of the fingers when tightening. I use the most delicate adjustments and don't use a full-fisted tightening method. The seatpost is extremely delicate and you can actually see it visually on the clamp if you've tightened too much. It's always a "little bit at a time" when wrenching carbon fibre.
Old 03-16-10, 06:34 AM
goaliedb

Bikes: 2009 BMC SLT01

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No real need to post another pic of that incredible SLT01 from CC, but I got mine in last week!

I debated the purchase but I had to thanks to saved money from my severance and getting back from Uncle Sam what they took from it in July. Now that I'm back to work, with a better job, it was pretty much of a no brainer. If I hadnt I would have been kicking myself forever.

The guys at CC are the best, and enduranced my barrage of emails and phone calls.

Note to anyone who orders, have CC install the barrel adjusters. That was not done to mine, but they sent new cables and adjusters and are going to recoup any expenses on my part.
Old 03-16-10, 08:16 AM
mrbUSA

Bikes: Scott CR1 Home Spun

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
It's only my opinion, but I think the BMC's are one of the sexiest frames evar. I am asking for some advice. I have an all CF 07 Tarmac that I love to ride. I saw the Road Racer on closeout at CompCyclist. Considering that the Road Racer is a mix of material, would it be foolish to purchase a frame for a future build since I already to 100% carbon? In other words would I be making a backwards move/purchase to have an alu/cf mix in a BMC?

Thanks Mike
Old 03-16-10, 08:25 AM
rollin
Sua Ku

Bikes: Trek 5200, BMC SLC01, BMC SSX, Specialized FSR, Holdsworth Criterium

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrbUSA
It's only my opinion, but I think the BMC's are one of the sexiest frames evar. I am asking for some advice. I have an all CF 07 Tarmac that I love to ride. I saw the Road Racer on closeout at CompCyclist. Considering that the Road Racer is a mix of material, would it be foolish to purchase a frame for a future build since I already to 100% carbon? In other words would I be making a backwards move/purchase to have an alu/cf mix in a BMC?

Thanks Mike
Why do you want to change? If it's for the "sexy" then just go with your heart.

We have very smooth roads here. I tested both the roadracer and the streetfire (full aluminium). Rode both over 50km, couldn't tell the difference, bought the streetfire.

I also own a promachine. It is certainly smoother than the streetfire.

The streetfire is my travel / bad weather bike. I worry less about it than the pure carbon.

It comes down a lot to taste. The roadracer's good value at the moment so maybe worth stashing away.
Old 03-16-10, 08:28 AM
^oZ
shut up legs

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tonyzackery
A real "heinz 57" of a build, but as the proup papa, "I love 'er" just the same.

She'll be flogged, er, I mean raced hard this spring and summer so I posted her already over in the racing section of the forum.

Microshift front and rear derailleurs. Ultegra 6700 shifters. BeOne fork out of England. Circus Monkey (Token, FeatherBrakes, Planet X) orange anodized brakes. Powerway wheels. Aerozine crankset. Maxxis Detonator tires. Fizik Arione orange saddle - the icing on the cake.

Love it
Old 03-16-10, 08:30 AM
Yaniel
SLO-1

Bikes: '09 BMC Road Racer SL01

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mrbUSA

Thanks Mike
to me the answer is "it depends"

what type of riding do you do? do you think going to a mixed frame or a heavier frame will hold you back? I just ride for fun and do fast group rides, no bike will really hold me back. I could've bought a full carbon frame, or a caad9 frame or many other frames that might be better in all out performance than my road racer but I wanted a bike that was good enough for me and looked better than anything on the market (my opinion). Every since I got the bike people can't stop complimenting it, I stop to refill my water and when I come out someone is always looking at it, it's just a sexy bike and that makes me want to ride it more.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.