Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

tour de france 2022-fantasyland!

Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

tour de france 2022-fantasyland!

Old 07-21-22, 04:34 PM
dstrong 

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Interloc Impala, ParkPre Image C6

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Originally Posted by USAZorro
Well, it's all but over. Will be eternally pissed at Wout for lying about his knee.
I'm with ya there! I had WVA on the roster before the game went live and then swapped him out for MVDP and a few points...I forgot who I spent them on. At this point my only zero point rider is Vermaerke and I'd say my biggest disappointment has been Mohoric at 22 points...he's barely been present at all.

I remain super impressed with GT...I didn't think he'd be able to hold on to third, let alone keep up with the two kids for the most part. Also want to give a huge shout out to the American riders who've really had an impact on the race. I've always enjoyed watching Sepp ride but Powless, McNulty and Simmons have been really impressive also, having a major impact on their teams.

2014 Specialized Roubaix2003 Interloc Impala2007 ParkPre Image C6 (RIP)

Old 07-21-22, 09:29 PM
USAZorro
Señor Member

Bikes: Mostly English - predominantly Raleighs

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 1491 Post(s)
Liked 1,071 Times in 633 Posts
Originally Posted by dstrong
I'm with ya there! I had WVA on the roster before the game went live and then swapped him out for MVDP and a few points...I forgot who I spent them on. At this point my only zero point rider is Vermaerke and I'd say my biggest disappointment has been Mohoric at 22 points...he's barely been present at all.

I remain super impressed with GT...I didn't think he'd be able to hold on to third, let alone keep up with the two kids for the most part. Also want to give a huge shout out to the American riders who've really had an impact on the race. I've always enjoyed watching Sepp ride but Powless, McNulty and Simmons have been really impressive also, having a major impact on their teams.
Good points all. My initial team had him and Haig on it. Wout's press conference had me change him out and then the day-before raid on Bahrain had me Scotch Haig. I ended up also dropping a couple 4-point riders who essentially did nothing, and picked up Mientjes, Pinot, Cort and Bodnar as replacements - so it wasn't a total disaster.
Old 07-22-22, 07:52 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 576 Times in 445 Posts
Somehow, I saw through WVA's sand bagging.

MVDP got me, though!

My early team had Vinegaard and I was looking for ways to stretch to add Pog. If I had cut loose MVDP, I coulda been a contender. But, no, I manufactured some doubt about Primoz vs Jonas, kept MVDP, and dumped Vinegaard. D'oh!
Old 07-23-22, 08:35 AM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
Somehow, I saw through WVA's sand bagging.

MVDP got me, though!

My early team had Vinegaard and I was looking for ways to stretch to add Pog. If I had cut loose MVDP, I coulda been a contender. But, no, I manufactured some doubt about Primoz vs Jonas, kept MVDP, and dumped Vinegaard. D'oh!
Same here. I had Vinegaard and cut him loose to keep MVDP and went with Vlasov. Asgreen was equally as disappointing for me.
Old 07-23-22, 08:59 AM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
I knew Van Aert would do well, but... damn. One hell of an athlete, much respect for his ability, but something about the guy I just do not care for. Maybe the "Wout" part ...not sure.

Would love to see Sagan beat him mano a mano just one more time...
Old 07-23-22, 09:04 AM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 609 Times in 458 Posts
Can't believe how much of this race has been with GC guys. At least I'm not Geshke! I didn't look at the course or I would've gone with just Wout to sprint.

Martinez at 14, Sagan at 12, Ganna at 10 have all scored about the same, and together ~1500 points before the TT. Switching those to 4 pointers I probably could've squeezed in Pog and kept Vlasov.
Old 07-23-22, 01:56 PM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
the intention of the picks was good but both execution and luck were bad on this end. verry interesting tour. some riders to watch for and some to watch out for re: la vuelta.

is there anything wout can’t do? ridiculous. simply otherworldly. hopefully not ivan basso “extraterrestrial” tho.

on vaca currently and the (dearth of) internet/porqué fi is pretty wtf. will post winners mañana but won’t be able to update the stage race championship thread with points/winners/ongoing leaders till the 28th. my badski.
Old 07-24-22, 07:55 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

I am travelling too. For fun. Even if it is Cincinnati.

Congrats to the vanquier Hugo. And two in the top 10%, well played canam73.

I'm still waiting to catch up to the last mou train stage. I hear it won't disappoint. Unlike Ganna vs WVA in the final TT. Jeez!

Hasta la Vuelta. Or some inexorable Superclasico inrerruption.
Old 07-25-22, 03:13 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

I would be remiss if I failed to note the impressive lock Shadco held on the maillot brun in our little league and the other 10th percentile showing in the general population. An eponymous performance that also gracefully kept the broom wagon at bay while our host trains for his destiny at la Vuelta.
Likes For slcbob:
Old 07-25-22, 04:23 AM
Shadco 
Resident PIA

Bikes: Gunnar Roadie, Look 765 Optimum, Spesh Aethos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
I would be remiss if I failed to note the impressive lock Shadco held on the maillot brun in our little league and the other 10th percentile showing in the general population. An eponymous performance that also gracefully kept the broom wagon at bay while our host trains for his destiny at la Vuelta.
Too much sentiment in my picks led to this dubious honor, oh and believing Wout’s fib.

I don't know where I am now...
05 Gunnar Roadie Chorus/Record
67'er
Old 07-25-22, 07:20 AM
diphthong

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1619 Post(s)
Liked 3,087 Times in 1,670 Posts
now that the hurlyburly’s done, the fantasy tour results are in…in a verry, verry, close-knit affair in both games, the same two teams split the winnings. HugoSky with Banesto Portugal Team took the top honors in the “classics” game with canam73 and team the bounty just behind by a grand total of 48 points. in the nascent “stage hunter” game, it was canam73/the bounty taking top honors while HugoSky/Banesto Portugal Team trailed in second by a whopping 25 points. needless to say, both participants/teams featured the (un)holy alliance of the top three point getters in the race: wout, pogacar and vingegaard. as slcbob pointed out, both gold and silver participants-in both games-finished in the top 10% of all players. showing remarkable consistency and occupying the bottom step of the podium in both games was WinkeStinkeKater/team
RotzundWasser. all three podium participants really started to make their move around the time of alpe stage 12 and kept separation. congrats to all the participants and hope to see you all again for la vuelta in august!
Likes For diphthong:
Old 07-25-22, 09:41 AM
Shadco 
Resident PIA

Originally Posted by ooga-booga
now that the hurlyburly’s done, the fantasy tour results are in…in a verry, verry, close-knit affair in both games, the same two teams split the winnings. HugoSky with Banesto Portugal Team took the top honors in the “classics” game with canam73 and team the bounty just behind by a grand total of 48 points. in the nascent “stage hunter” game, it was canam73/the bounty taking top honors while HugoSky/Banesto Portugal Team trailed in second by a whopping 25 points. needless to say, both participants/teams featured the (un)holy alliance of the top three point getters in the race: wout, pogacar and vingegaard. as slcbob pointed out, both gold and silver participants-in both games-finished in the top 10% of all players. showing remarkable consistency and occupying the bottom step of the podium in both games was WinkeStinkeKater/team
RotzundWasser. all three podium participants really started to make their move around the time of alpe stage 12 and kept separation. congrats to all the participants and hope to see you all again for la vuelta in august!
So if you don’t mind me asking.

Is there a way to view the stage Hunter by bike forums teams standings by overall or by stage?

67'er
Old 07-25-22, 11:36 AM
dstrong 

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Interloc Impala, ParkPre Image C6

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 56 Posts
Not sure if this the right way to analyze my picks. Pat on my back for choosing the first two steps on the podium, with Jonas the better "value" at 18 points. Bardet was a nice surprise at only 10 points and DVP at 6 points was my "steal". Pollitt and Mohoric were disappointing, but MVDP (a shell of his former self) was the biggest let down for several of us. Good times though...looking forward to la Vuelta!

2014 Specialized Roubaix2003 Interloc Impala2007 ParkPre Image C6 (RIP)

Last edited by dstrong; 07-25-22 at 01:51 PM.
Old 07-25-22, 12:14 PM
Shadco 
Resident PIA

Interesting

Mine

Roglic 22 677 31
McNulty 8 428 54
Kuss 8 628 79
Barguil 8 154 19
Ewan 12 265 22
Benoot 6 364 61
Vermaarke 4 0 0
Politt 6 190 32
Vingegaard 18 3199 178

67'er
Old 07-26-22, 03:46 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Originally Posted by Shadco
So if you don’t mind me asking.

Is there a way to view the stage Hunter by bike forums teams standings by overall or by stage?

Go into the league. Above the teams listing are two black banners -- Bike Forums (league name) and Overall Race ..... (selected view). Click the arrow to the right on the second one. Scroll down until you can see the Stage Hunter options.
Old 07-26-22, 07:50 PM
Shadco 
Resident PIA

Go into the league. Above the teams listing are two black banners -- Bike Forums (league name) and Overall Race ..... (selected view). Click the arrow to the right on the second one. Scroll down until you can see the Stage Hunter options.
thanks that makes me feel marginally better.

67'er