Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Giving Thanks

Old 11-24-21, 02:37 PM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
Giving Thanks

In addition to giving thanks for the things that really matter this season, since all of the regular members here love bicycles and bicycle-related activities, I think it's appropriate to take a moment and give thanks for this forum. It gives all of us, no matter how young or old and no matter what our favorite niche might be, an outlet to express ourselves and to learn about something we love.

Thanks also to the companies that service our various interests whether that be bikes themselves or the myriad accessories that make biking more successful, practical and enjoyable. There has never been a better time to be a bicycle aficionado. The "golden age" is right now.

So be thankful! I am.
Old 11-24-21, 06:03 PM
Ghazmh

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease, 2020 Seven Evergreen, 2019 Honey Allroads Ti, 2018 Seven Redsky XX, 2017 Trek Boon 7, 2014 Trek 520

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 694 Post(s)
Liked 910 Times in 487 Posts
I would like to thank everyone who provides me with bicycle related whit, sarcasm and humor that keeps me coming back year after year! Today is the golden age for best carbon vs everything else, leg shaving, tubeless vs tubed waving and everything else threads. Thank you Bike forums members!!!!
Likes For Ghazmh:
Old 11-24-21, 09:09 PM
frogman

Bikes: Wife says I have too many :-)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
Liked 250 Times in 158 Posts
I am thankful for continuing to be able to enjoy cycling. It has helping me to maintain my fitness as I get older. I enjoy cycling the trails and the wind blowing by me. If I have a bad day the problems fade away while I'm riding along. I am in a special zone......................... Thank you cycling.
Likes For frogman:
Old 11-25-21, 07:09 AM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 1,433 Times in 815 Posts
I have so much to be thankful for that sometimes it gets hazy and some of it is lost in the moments view. I always remember that, at some point, on a bike ride. This morning I am going to make a quick run to the market on my recently reconfigured Poprad. I have a couple of dvd's and James Lee Burke's most recent book about the Holland family. This is actually a prequel, he is one of my favorite authors. At some point, I will get some miles in on a different bike, I think my Orbea Avant.

It just struck me that this is the 70th Thanksgiving Day in my life. In adulthood, it is the holiday I have most enjoyed. It really is a holiday that can be celebrated by all.

Now my day tripper

Last edited by delbiker1; 11-25-21 at 07:14 AM. Reason: picture
Likes For delbiker1:
Old 11-25-21, 07:11 AM
onsay99

Bikes: 3 road steelys, 3 alu, 1 mtb, 1cx

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
Thank you for the two wheeled life that I've been able to enjoy.
Likes For onsay99:
Old 11-25-21, 08:45 AM
thehammerdog

Bikes: Road bike is a Carbon Bianchi C2C & Grandis (1980's), Gary Fisher Mt Bike, Trek Tandem & Mongoose SS MTB circa 1992.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 722 Post(s)
Liked 353 Times in 226 Posts
Great topic.
I just returned from a early morning ride to my local turkey trot and very much appreciate the community of cyclist and our special bond.. i truly enjoy both the sport and those of us who share this passion.
be safe and enjoy the day.
Likes For thehammerdog:
Old 11-25-21, 10:39 AM
Mojo31
-------

Quoted: 9648 Post(s)
Liked 6,363 Times in 3,503 Posts
I'm thankful that people wave. Without that there would be less to drive these forums.
Likes For Mojo31:
Old 11-25-21, 11:44 AM
SpedFast
Just Pedaling

Bikes: YEP!

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 342 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all and to all a big feast! Here ya go Mojo31
Likes For SpedFast:
Old 11-25-21, 04:17 PM
70sSanO

Bikes: 1986 Cannondale SR400 (Flat bar commuter), 1988 Cannondale Criterium XTR, 1992 Serotta T-Max, 1995 Trek 970

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1943 Post(s)
Liked 2,163 Times in 1,322 Posts
I think that regardless of the activity, being able to ride a bike, or a wave, or snowboard, etc., and get joy from it, that in itself should make us thankful.

My Mom gave me some advice many years ago when I was a teenager and moping because I was not the best at anything I did among all my friends. She pointed out that some of those friends might be really good in one thing but can’t do the other things very well. She bluntly told me that I should be thankful that I could do a lot of things “well enough to enjoy them.”

I’m still not the best at anything, but I have carried the “well enough to enjoy” mantra my entire life.

John
Likes For 70sSanO:
Old 11-25-21, 09:34 PM
SpedFast
Just Pedaling

Bikes: YEP!

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked 515 Times in 342 Posts
Originally Posted by 70sSanO
I think that regardless of the activity, being able to ride a bike, or a wave, or snowboard, etc., and get joy from it, that in itself should make us thankful.

My Mom gave me some advice many years ago when I was a teenager and moping because I was not the best at anything I did among all my friends. She pointed out that some of those friends might be really good in one thing but can’t do the other things very well. She bluntly told me that I should be thankful that I could do a lot of things “well enough to enjoy them.”

I’m still not the best at anything, but I have carried the “well enough to enjoy” mantra my entire life.

John
You're mom is a very smart lady!
Old 11-27-21, 09:58 AM
Chuckles1

Bikes: 2007 Motobecane Fantom Cross Expert, 2020 Motobecane Omni Strada Pro Disc (700c gravel bike), 2021 Motobecane Elite Adventure with Bafang 500W rear hub drive

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked 143 Times in 94 Posts
Well enough to enjoy...

Originally Posted by SpedFast
You're mom is a very smart lady!
Couldn't agree more. That's a great approach, and one I intend to apply to golf, a game that I love, but which frustrates any perfectionist tendencies one may harbor.

Nice, positive thread that made me reflect on things I am grateful for. Thanks, OP AND OTHERS.
Old 11-27-21, 03:16 PM
CrimsonEclipse

Quoted: 542 Post(s)
Liked 622 Times in 364 Posts
I'd like to thank the person who bought and customized my bikes:

Me!

Thanks's me!
Likes For CrimsonEclipse: