Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Australian in oregon

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Australian in oregon

Old 09-23-20, 10:10 PM
maelstrom331

Bikes: 1973 schwinn world voyageur -1983 schwinn high sierra - 1986 schwinn world sport - 1988 specialized sirrus - 1979 peugeot uo8 - 1993 diamondback cross campus - 1998 giant sedona se

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Australian in oregon

Hi been lurking here a while but haven't posted much . Australian living in oregon ten years now . Love reading mostly classic and vintage. Steel is real , have too many bikes and not enough time .
Old 09-23-20, 10:56 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Liked 5,425 Times in 2,826 Posts
Great place to ride if not on fire or raining. Lived in Orygun for three in Eugene and road m @$$ off in the surrounds. It’s a great state of mind. Welcome

Old 09-23-20, 11:20 PM
AlfredoBinda

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hi - I'm in Portland, and having grown up between Seattle, Portland and Vancouver, I will agree that Oregon is amazing, even given the recent fires. You can ride anything, all year, and find something new.
Old 09-24-20, 07:13 PM
maelstrom331

Bikes: 1973 schwinn world voyageur -1983 schwinn high sierra - 1986 schwinn world sport - 1988 specialized sirrus - 1979 peugeot uo8 - 1993 diamondback cross campus - 1998 giant sedona se

Liked 8 Times in 3 Posts
I love it here . Lots of trees I'm in grants pass. Been too smoky here to ride much of late but it finally rained some last night
Old 09-24-20, 08:10 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Liked 5,425 Times in 2,826 Posts
Oregon has many well maintained roads with great shoulders. Lots of hills and stunning areas around the Rouge River. Really enjoyed my years there. The hot temps in your area probably will agree with you. Applegate road to Applegate is good as well as 99 to the City Rouge River. That’s if you are a roadie. If not, am sure there has to be a mtn bike shop with lots of tips.

my starter-wife came from GP so we used to tour the area so we weren’t stuck at her parents house.