Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from The Netherlands

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-21, 07:53 AM
benoize

Bikes: Rossin, Benotto 900, Benotto ?, Pinarello

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hi all,

Just started getting into vintage (Italian) road bikes. It started about two months ago. I was looking for something that could replace my running exercise regime (wonky knee) and thought about taking up cycling. I had never had road bike before and I didn't want to go all out with purchasing an expensive bike, so I thought I'd go old school and bought an 80's Rossin which was still in immaculate condition. The bike was for sale near where I live and I paid next to nothing for it. After the initial scary moments taking corners on skinny tires and learning to shift with gear levers on the down tube, I got used to it and man do I love riding that bike! I cycle about 4-5 times a week with an average distance of 35-40 km per ride. One problem however... the bike was a bit on the small side (I basically didn't do any research). And so I went looking for another one and found a Benotto. I fell in love with this brand... I don't know why (history, cool name, great looks). So I guess I love my bikes steel and Italian

Cheers!
Likes For benoize:
Old 07-21-21, 10:28 AM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Hello and Welcome from a Texas Road Rider.
Very Nice Intro.

Likes For 10 Wheels:
Old 07-26-21, 08:39 AM
EricWade
Black Eyed Dog.

Bikes: 80’s / 90’s Mystery Machine.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
I am a new member too. Hello.
Likes For EricWade:
Old 07-30-21, 04:35 AM
TX_master

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Where in the Netherlands do you live? The company I work for is headquartered in Groenlo. I usually make one trip a year over there but Covid has disrupted that so not sure when I'll be back.
Old 07-30-21, 05:55 AM
benoize

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TX_master
Where in the Netherlands do you live? The company I work for is headquartered in Groenlo. I usually make one trip a year over there but Covid has disrupted that so not sure when I'll be back.
In Rotterdam! Groenlo is in the east of the Netherlands so pretty far apart (for Dutch standards☺️)
Likes For benoize:
Old 08-05-21, 08:41 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2571 Post(s)
Liked 5,603 Times in 2,907 Posts
Someone in the Netherlands who rides a bike? Imagine that! . Last time I was in your fair country I was amused how cyclists leaned on the autos waiting for the traffic signals to change.

Very cool that you are into vintage Italian rides. I am too with an 80s Bianchi and early 90s Fondriest. Many vintage riders here who will be happy to share their experience and maybe a few who won’t

Old 08-06-21, 12:39 AM
benoize

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rsbob
Someone in the Netherlands who rides a bike? Imagine that! . Last time I was in your fair country I was amused how cyclists leaned on the autos waiting for the traffic signals to change.

Very cool that you are into vintage Italian rides. I am too with an 80s Bianchi and early 90s Fondriest. Many vintage riders here who will be happy to share their experience and maybe a few who won’t
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply! Coming from Seattle you probably weren't too disappointed by all the rain here in 'fair' Holland
I have one Rossin and two Benottos from the 80-ies early 90-ies. Although I would love to own a Colnago or Moser, I always seem to gravitate towards looking at Rossins and Benottos. Especially the latter really fascinates me. I am always looking out for the Italian made Benottos. because they are such a rare find. But if you can find one... it's well worth the wait. My grail bike would be the Benotto 5000, but that won't be happening anytime soon...
Cheers and happy riding!
Old 08-09-21, 08:39 AM
eftim

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
hello Dutch neighbor! i am in Amsterdam - lets do some ride some day - i am totally out of any shape and also half way smashed meniscus - but want to try and do a bit more rides - so drop me pm if you are in mood...
Likes For eftim:
Old 08-09-21, 08:41 AM
M Rose

Bikes: 2021 Trek Verve 2 Disk

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 80 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums
Likes For M Rose: