Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Greetings from North Dakota

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Old 06-20-21, 05:56 PM
geoscirockhunte

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi All, I've been lurking in Bike Forums for something like 4-years. I initially started with inquiries into my pretty '82 Raleigh Superbe with the gold lacque. That;'s been an entertaining learning experience and set of threads.Let's see... back in the 80's in San Jose I'd take my Peugeot and bike to the top of Mt. Umunhum and then down across the Anderson Dam. Things have changed since then. These days, there is a county park (or something) at the top of Mt. Umunhum and Anderson Dam is getting a retrofit). Later on I discovered Mountain biking in Idaho and completely destroyed a Schwinn mountain bike there. I upgraded to Gary Fisher Tassajara, which I still ride BUT there are no mountains in North Dakota.My latest project is getting my Dad's old 1970 Bertin C28 (maybe) restored. I should have it next week!It's been crazy finding parts for that.

Anyone in the Bismarck area know good placed to ride road or otherwise? Actually, I met a great bike mechanic who's restoring my Bertin. I'm betting he knows good places to ride.
Old 06-20-21, 09:15 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Howdy and Welcome.
Nice Intro.

Old 06-21-21, 03:19 AM
niamul21

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geoscirockhunte
Hi All, I've been lurking in Bike Forums for something like 4-years. I initially started with inquiries into my pretty '82 Raleigh Superbe with the gold lacque. That;'s been an entertaining learning experience and set of threads.Let's see... back in the 80's in San Jose I'd take my Peugeot and bike to the top of Mt. Umunhum and then down across the Anderson Dam. Things have changed since then. These days, there is a county park (or something) at the top of Mt. Umunhum and Anderson Dam is getting a retrofit). Later on I discovered Mountain biking in Idaho and completely destroyed a Schwinn mountain bike there. I upgraded to Gary Fisher Tassajara, which I still ride BUT there are no mountains in North Dakota.My latest project is getting my Dad's old 1970 Bertin C28 (maybe) restored. I should have it next week!It's been crazy finding parts for that.

Anyone in the Bismarck area know good placed to ride road or otherwise? Actually, I met a great bike mechanic who's restoring my Bertin. I'm betting he knows good places to ride.

I really don't have enough idea in this regard. Let me know you somehow get it. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-22-21, 01:23 PM
BobsPoprad

Bikes: Lemond Poprad, Cervelo Soloist, Cannondale F4, RANS Velocity Squared

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 45 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Fargo area. Sorry, no idea about Bismarck. But you're correct, probably not many "hills."

I count highway overpasses in this neck of the woods.