Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Tour de Ruidoso

*Ruidoso, New Mexico
*September 24th, 2016

Details here.

I rode 35 miles there last year. This year, it's been replaced with a 45 mile route. Slightly different from last year but in the same mountains. I had a great time and really enjoyed the long descent to Capitan.

Copied from the above link:

The tenth annual Tour de Ruidoso is a Fundraising event to benefit various local not-for-profit organizations. Through this event, Bicycle Ruidoso has donated thousands of dollars to varying charities in Lincoln County.

The event is a very challenging 100 mile century beginning at an elevation of 6,900 ft and touring through one of the most scenic and challenging cycling routes in New Mexico. Several climbs of 8% are on the route. This is a mountainous route for intermediate to advanced cyclists.

For the more faint of heart, or faster! We have a great 100k (62 miles more or less). Same starting elevation and some wonderful scenery. A Real Challenge.

We also offer a 45 miler! The same route as the big ones, but you go straight to Capitan.

All participants in all events will receive a custom T Shirt reflecting their support and participation for this event.