Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

Internal cable guides/stops

Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

Old 05-12-21, 10:24 AM
Ciufalon

Bikes: A few

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts

Does anyone know of a frame building supply company that sells the little black housing stop/guides for internally routed cables? I have four bikes that all use them and would like to have some on hand. These are the pieces at entry exit points for cable.
Old 05-12-21, 07:57 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Quoted: 4195 Post(s)
Liked 3,837 Times in 2,295 Posts
Modern bikes typically have brand/model specific cable ports and as such the covers. Back in the day an oval "rubber" grommet was used but the tube holes were crude and the full length housing clacked inside the tube often.

Do you have photos to show the style you seeking? Otherwise we will have no clue to what is actually the version(s) needed. Andy
Old 05-13-21, 08:01 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,686 Times in 2,509 Posts
If you find these, I don't think it will be from a frame building supply company. Ceeway is the one exception, but you would still have to be able to adequately describe what it is you want. The best bet is a local bike shop that sells the brand of bike that needs the frame part.
Old 05-14-21, 02:21 PM
Ciufalon

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thank you for your reply. I am looking for the type in this photo. I have three KM bikes and one Miyata that all use them. I will check with the company you mentioned. I contacted Koga and they could not even provide a part number.
Old 05-14-21, 03:35 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 955 Post(s)
Liked 1,619 Times in 1,039 Posts
Looks like a device that could easily be made using a 3D printer with TPA. I would give it a try for ya, but I would need the device for measurement...
Old 05-15-21, 02:15 PM
Ciufalon

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Thank you zandoval. 3D printing has been in my mind as a last option as I don't know how to do it myself. I also thought about trying to make a mold and create it from Sugru. I may take you up on the offer. Will let you know if I don't find a source for these.