Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Question about Leg Shaving

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Question about Leg Shaving

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-21, 08:14 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
It's cool that the mods decide to crack down on the people calling out the toxic masculinity edgelords instead of actually cracking down on the toxic masculinity edgelords.

I try to be tolerant and understanding of the mods because it's a thankless task but they're flat wrong on this.
Thanks!
In fairness to the mods, they didn't delete my comment about this, which I think redressed the error somewhat.

Plus, I learned the word "edgelord"!
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 07-22-21, 12:20 PM
KJ43
Dead but dreaming

Bikes: 2020 Santa Cruz Stigmata, 2022 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked 326 Times in 186 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
It's cool that the mods decide to crack down on the people calling out the toxic masculinity edgelords instead of actually cracking down on the toxic masculinity edgelords.

I try to be tolerant and understanding of the mods because it's a thankless task but they're flat wrong on this.
Well said.

I just had a post deleted in another thread by a poster that constantly injects politically oriented language in his posts because I dared suggest that he was being an ass. I would hope that the same mod would be cracking down on obvious trolls like that, but I haven't seen any sign of it.
Old 07-24-21, 05:02 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 370 Times in 256 Posts
They used to be big on leg/arm shaving for not only cycling, but swimming as well... Then Mark Spitz came along with his mustache and body hair... I refuse to shave for either sport.

I also wear loose clothing when cycling. The flapping is one of my speed indicators - AND the movement draws notice from attention-deficient cagers. Besides, no one wants to see a Clyde sausaged into Spandex.

No, I'm not a Cat 1 or 2 rider - but at 18+mph riding speed, I think that I'm doing alright for a 63 year old asthmatic.

I ride for MY personal enjoyment, not caring what other people think of me or my manner of dress.
Old 07-26-21, 02:47 PM
bbbean 

Bikes: Giant Propel, Cannondale SuperX, Univega Alpina Ultima

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 672 Post(s)
Liked 417 Times in 249 Posts
Originally Posted by wolfchild
Leg shaving and hair removal is a feminine trait...There is really no good reason for a man to shave his legs
The girls think you're one of them and let you in to the secret rituals. You're missing out, Chewbacca.

Formerly fastest rider in the grupetto, currently slowest guy in the peloton

Old 07-26-21, 03:10 PM
fredlord

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by Cougrrcj
I ride for MY personal enjoyment, not caring what other people think of me or my manner of dress.
But

Originally Posted by Cougrrcj
...no one wants to see a Clyde sausaged into Spandex.
Old 07-26-21, 03:21 PM
Cougrrcj

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 370 Times in 256 Posts
Originally Posted by fredlord
But

Yeah, I'd hate to think what others thought of my 'aero-ness' I'd achieve by wearing Spandex... But then again, I dress for comfort. Which is why I choose NOT to Snausage myself...
Old 07-26-21, 06:07 PM
pgjackson

Bikes: Rossetti Vertigo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 70 Posts

I think leg shaving is somewhere between "fully crouched" and "partial fairing". I don't know why they didn't include a "shaved legs" category. They really missed the boat on that one.