Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Assembling Shimano components

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-21, 08:40 AM
NextDIYikeproj
DIY:er

Bikes: 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts

A while ago I reassembled my bike after returning the frame. Me and the shop owner built the bike and he showed me a great source of detailed information for assembling bike parts that I was unaware of. This is of course only for new bike parts, but still. Made a short video on how to find it. Did you know about this and do you have any other good source of info?

Old 07-24-21, 09:38 AM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
This is not a 'hack'...it's using the Shimano instructions to get the job done. I can't stand the term 'hack' and it's massive mis-use. The Shimano UMs, DMs, and EVs can also be found at si.shimano.com
Likes For cxwrench:
Old 07-24-21, 11:19 AM
NextDIYikeproj
DIY:er

Bikes: 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by cxwrench
This is not a 'hack'...it's using the Shimano instructions to get the job done. I can't stand the term 'hack' and it's massive mis-use. The Shimano UMs, DMs, and EVs can also be found at si.shimano.com
It says Hack?! Not Hack! And beside, having personal grunts about certain expressions on “the internet” will most likely cause you more headaches rather than change the way they are used! 👍

this was a short video made in all kindness to share knowledge I just recently picked up. 👍