Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Peugeot LR01: Unsure of Correct Frame Size

Search
Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-21, 09:46 PM
DeanC2210

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone,

I am looking to order a Peugeot Legend LR01 city bike, but I am unsure of what size frame to order; 51cm or 54cm. I will be ordering the bike online as it is not available in my city. I am 174cm tall, or 5'8.5". This bike has a flat handlebar and I have uploaded a photo to my gallery as I am not yet eligible to include photos in my posts. I am leaning toward being safe and ordering the 51cm bike. A future modification I am considering would be to replace the flat handlebar with a swept back handlebar. I have listed the geometry of the 51cm and 54cm frames below.

SIZE
51cm (M) - 54cm (L)

A SEAT TUBE LENGTH
510(M) - 540(L)

B TOP TUBE LENGTH
562(M) - 569(L)

C HEAD TUBE LENGTH
105(M) - 110(L)

D FORK LENGTH
400(M) - 400(L)

E FORK TRAVEL
43(M) - 43(L)

F HEAD TUBE ANGLE
°71(M) - °71°(L)

H BOTTOM BRACKET HEIGHT
60(M) - 60(L)

I SEAT TUBE ANGLE
73°(M) - 73°(L)

J CHAINSTAY LENGTH
445(M) - 445(L)

Thanks in advance for any help as bike fitting is something that is relatively new to me. Cheers!

Last edited by DeanC2210; 05-25-21 at 10:06 PM.
Old 05-27-21, 04:23 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6193 Post(s)
Liked 4,808 Times in 3,316 Posts
If you are going to change the bars to swept back bars. I'd look for a model that comes with those already. Even if it's the step through model in the same category.

But if this is the bike for you, and you have no current bike experience to go by I'd recommend you find a dealer and go try some out in person. If they don't have the exact model then ask to try a very similar bike.

If you must order online then if you have long legs for your height, maybe the 54cm with the swept back bars. But I'm really guessing Maybe the 51 cm will be better all around.

Curious, why Peugeot? This isn't what I'd call a road bike by todays standards. The term Road bike doesn't mean it's the only bike you use on the road.

And since you want to put swept back bars on it, I feel you really want a cruiser type bike or a city bike. Here in the USA, Trek and a few others make some good cruiser type bikes for a very low price as the bike you are asking about. But I think you aren't from around here so I've no idea what the market is in Europe and the UK.