Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Winter Cycling
Reload this Page >

Heated Goggles

Search
Notices
Winter Cycling Don't let snow and ice discourage you this winter. The key element to year-round cycling is proper attire! Check out this winter cycling forum to chat with other ice bike fanatics.

Heated Goggles

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-21, 03:33 PM
DangerousDanR

Bikes: Time Scylon, Lynskey R350, Ritchey Breakaway, Ritchey Double Switchback, Lynskey Ridgeline, ICAN Fatbike

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 546 Times in 306 Posts
Heated Goggles

I have had a lot of trouble with goggles icing up when the temperature is below 20F. The colder it gets, the worse the ice buildup. To try and solve this problem, I recently purchased a pair of heated goggles.

Mine are from 509 and they are the Ignite model. The short answer is that they were ice free in near 0F weather. I rode for about 2 hours and the battery was very close to being fully discharged, but the goggles were ice free for 2 hours in North Dakota.
Old 01-25-21, 08:15 AM
parkbrav

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked 114 Times in 97 Posts
Originally Posted by DangerousDanR
I have had a lot of trouble with goggles icing up when the temperature is below 20F. The colder it gets, the worse the ice buildup. To try and solve this problem, I recently purchased a pair of heated goggles.

Mine are from 509 and they are the Ignite model. The short answer is that they were ice free in near 0F weather. I rode for about 2 hours and the battery was very close to being fully discharged, but the goggles were ice free for 2 hours in North Dakota.
Sounds like a great tip, Dan. I will look into it. Stay warm, spring is right around the corner! We're here getting through this together!