Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Winter Cycling
Reload this Page >

Winter Tights for 0 to -10C

Notices
Winter Cycling Don't let snow and ice discourage you this winter. The key element to year-round cycling is proper attire! Check out this winter cycling forum to chat with other ice bike fanatics.

Old 04-15-21, 09:12 AM
Noonievut

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked 261 Times in 129 Posts

Now that I have a new jacket I'm happy with, and I already have solutions for hands, feet and head, I'm looking to replace my old tights. They were from MEC (in Canada) and they were fine, as the front was fairly wind resistant and inner had some fleece lining. Newer models there seem okay, but I'm looking for other options as well.

I prefer these to be pants/tights I wear over my bib shorts, that way I'm not wearing the same bibs every time. I don't care about waterproof, won't be using when it rains. I would like them relatively narrow in the ankle area, and generally not very baggy. I've never had to layer by adding long johns between shorts and tights, and I would like to avoid this with the new pair being warm enough not to need to layer.

Thanks in advance for recommendations