Old 06-04-21, 07:07 PM
Guanto Hilario

Bikes: Jamis Satellite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Flyway Trail: Winona, MN

Has anyone gone on the new Flyway Trail? I’m visiting the area next weak and would like to ride this from Winona to Trempealeau. I can’t seem to get Strava to draw the Route all the over the Flyway Trail to the Wisconsin side. Almost seems like it thinks there’s a train crossing that’s impassable there. Can anyone confirm that the trail does in fact go through to the Wisconsin side (and I suppose back the other way too!)?
Old 06-09-21, 10:48 PM
Guanto Hilario

Bikes: Jamis Satellite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
In case anyone is interested, the Flyway Trail does indeed allow you to safely bike through from Minnesota to Wisconsin. Or vice versa. Great trail on the Wisconsin side that I took to Trempealeau and stopped in a cycling shop/ cafe. Have to truck it down HWY 54 there for a bit between trails, but the shoulder is really wide. Had a great ride. Highly recommend it if you’re in the area.

some decent climbing rides in the bluffs on either side of the river too.