Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

New bike day! ‘21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

New bike day! ‘21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-20, 03:29 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Originally Posted by chaadster
‘21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+

Gone are the Doppler’s handsome, straight-laced good looks in favor of a little pop life flair.
I didn't want to like it as the cork grips looked so nice but damn it is sick. Those fenders were really well done. I want to know your secrets?!!!!
Old 12-11-20, 05:35 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 3129 Post(s)
Liked 1,698 Times in 1,026 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I didn't want to like it as the cork grips looked so nice but damn it is sick. Those fenders were really well done. I want to know your secrets?!!!!
Haha! Thank you! Secrets, though? Just spending too much time looking around on the internet and dreaming up excuses to spend money!
Likes For chaadster:
Old 12-12-20, 08:33 AM
JerrySTL

Bikes: Giant Defy Advanced, Breezer Doppler Team, Schwinn Twinn Tandem, Windsor Tourist, 1954 JC Higgens

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Nice! I know there had been a Team model here in US previously, and I think one year it was a Team+, like the EU one upthread, with the dynamo hub and lights.

How do you like yours?
I like it a lot. I've been down some gravel roads on it where I'd have turned around or walked on my road or touring bike. I gave my touring bike to my son as the Doppler can handle all its chores. I use it for nighttime riding as I've yet to have a flat tire with it plus it can handle running over unseen things better than my road bike. One of the things that drew me to it was the fenders being standard. I like to ride on the Katy Trail in Missouri and it's often dusty or muddy and fenders make a difference.

A dynamo hub would be nice but with LED and battery technology being so good in recent years, I can easily go 3 hours with very bright lights.
Likes For JerrySTL:
Old 12-13-20, 04:19 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Haha! Thank you! Secrets, though? Just spending too much time looking around on the internet and dreaming up excuses to spend money!
Mainly on what you did to get the wrap looking so nice and clean. We all spend way too much time on the internet wanting to spend more money, that is why most of us are here...LOL
Old 12-13-20, 06:33 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Bikes: 15 Kinesis Racelight 4S, 76 Motebecane Gran Jubilée, 17 Dedacciai Gladiatore2, 12 Breezer Venturi, 09 Dahon Mariner, 12 Mercier Nano, 95 DeKerf Team SL, 19 Tern Rally, 21 Breezer Doppler Cafe+, 19 T-Lab X3, 91 Serotta CII, 23 3T Strada

Originally Posted by veganbikes
Mainly on what you did to get the wrap looking so nice and clean. We all spend way too much time on the internet wanting to spend more money, that is why most of us are here...LOL
Oh, I didn’t do it myself, I hired vinyl pros
to do it, the cats at https://a2customs.com/.

I’d never used them for wrapping before, but they’ve done tint on a few of my cars, so I’ve seen some of the cool car wraps they’ve done in the shop. It didn’t seem like they’d done bicycle fenders before, but they were definitely unfazed by the request and only asked what color I wanted.
Old 12-13-20, 06:48 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Oh, I didn’t do it myself, I hired vinyl pros
to do it, the cats at https://a2customs.com/.

I’d never used them for wrapping before, but they’ve done tint on a few of my cars, so I’ve seen some of the cool car wraps they’ve done in the shop. It didn’t seem like they’d done bicycle fenders before, but they were definitely unfazed by the request and only asked what color I wanted.
Oh heck yeah that is smart. Maybe I should look into that.
Old 12-18-20, 04:08 PM
chaadster
Thread Killer

Okay, I’m sticking a fork in this one and calling it done. For now .

I got the saddle situation sorted by coughing up the ducats for a Supacaz Ignite. The OE black WTB was too boring, and the Fabric Cell Elite Radius, while very comfy, was a bit too much blue color, and the top material was both too grippy and too cheap plasticky feeling. I’ve only ridden the Supacaz briefly, but it definitely kicked the apparent quality up a notch, but brings the right amount of blue, so I’m happy...although I do wonder what the pink version might look like, or the oil slick...

I’m heady out for a snowy dirt road ride tomorrow, so we’ll see how the Supacaz does.

Likes For chaadster: