Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Tandem rebuild/build up

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Tandem rebuild/build up

Old 07-26-21, 06:10 PM
BobT1962

Bikes: Raleigh Detour - Northwoods Tandem 21sp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tandem rebuild/build up

I was thinking since my wife and I are getting older its nice to ride together especially since she is not that great by herself. ( I had one I built up before but it was not very comfortable old Fiori) I had been looking for a tandem in the area for about 11 months maybe even longer and nothing. Finally about 2 months ago came across this ad that this guy not far from me had a frame available so i thought well for 40.00 i would have a look. It was not in to bad a shape had the cranks but that is about it. Older Northwoods frame no real rust but just some spots. I figured i would take a chance especially since i had another like new MTB bike we never use so i would just swap out parts. Well it actually turned out pretty good nice riding easy shifting 21 speed (orig 18) here are the before and after. Since the paint was not all that bad i just did a bunch of touch-ups vs a strip prime and paint.