Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Pedaling with pets

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Pedaling with pets

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-21, 06:19 PM
kayakindude

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR600/BioPace, 1991 Cannondale Road Tandem,1994 Giant Iguana MB, 2009 Airnimal Chameleon, 2016 Dahon Vybe C7A

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
Pedaling with pets

Any other tandem teams pulling their pooch out there? We built out a Bob trailer with gym pad cushioning and nicknamed it the armadillo.
Old 09-09-21, 08:00 AM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
we have been debating this once we can get our grandkids trailer. but it will limit our speed and where we go so it may be limited.
Old 09-09-21, 04:52 PM
kayakindude

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR600/BioPace, 1991 Cannondale Road Tandem,1994 Giant Iguana MB, 2009 Airnimal Chameleon, 2016 Dahon Vybe C7A

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
we have been debating this once we can get our grandkids trailer. but it will limit our speed and where we go so it may be limited.
We have a 250w hub in the front, keeps our average about the same as without a trailer. Battery is on the handlebar.
Old 09-09-21, 05:20 PM
fooferdoggie 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by kayakindude
We have a 250w hub in the front, keeps our average about the same as without a trailer. Battery is on the handlebar.
I meant more needing too reduce the speed not going 19mph on the flats like we usually do slower over bumps and holes and such. a trip would need to be planned around the dog.
Old 09-09-21, 07:46 PM
jethro00

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts
We carried a cocker spaniel in a large delivery basket on the front for over a decade. She loved it. We put a cushion in the bottom of the basket and hooked a harness on the dog to the captain's handlebars with a bungee cord. I would lean the bike over and that dog would take a flying leap to get into the basket. She liked the breeze in her face while we rode. She would lean with the turns. The only thing she didn't like is when we would get caught in the rain. She would turn around and glare at me like I had done her wrong.
Likes For jethro00: