Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Tennessee - Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-15, 12:18 AM
wanton007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bici_mania
Eastside does, I think...

EastSide Cycles

We have B-Cycle bike share now but those are not road bikes, just standard city-bikes. What size bike are you looking for and how many?
At least one bike for me. I'm on a 48cm BMC right now...so somewhere in that range...48-50cm...

Might have another co-worker that is looking to rent one as well...he's probably in the 54 to 56cm range.
Old 11-13-15, 10:25 AM
yakmurph

Bikes: [redacted]

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My first post on this thread was way back on, 2-22-08
Since then, my residence and road bike have changed.

-----

Not from TN, but live and ride here in the Falling Waters area East of Chattanooga, TN.,
sprinting on my yellow Vendetta.

The Sofrider V1 that I rode around the suburbs and the country roads Southeast of Knoxville now lives on the indoor trainer.

Why ride?
It's a fun way to keep in good tone, fun to be fast and these recumbents are year-after-year comfortable.

Remember, if you can pass me, you will have beaten a 60+ year old man... with a gimpy leg.
Old 11-13-15, 12:18 PM
spoiledrotten

Bikes: 2015 Scott Speedster XL Frame, 2014 Diamondback hybrid, and a 20" Schwinn Unicycle (does that count?)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yakmurph
My first post on this thread was way back on, 2-22-08
Since then, my residence and road bike have changed.

-----

Not from TN, but live and ride here in the Falling Waters area East of Chattanooga, TN.,
sprinting on my yellow Vendetta.

The Sofrider V1 that I rode around the suburbs and the country roads Southeast of Knoxville now lives on the indoor trainer.

Why ride?
It's a fun way to keep in good tone, fun to be fast and these recumbents are year-after-year comfortable.

Remember, if you can pass me, you will have beaten a 60+ year old man... with a gimpy leg.
My brother lives in Chattanooga. I wanted to ride downtown Chat., and did so this past summer. I loved it. Beautiful city. I made one mistake by trying to cross the glass bridge on a dew covered morning. Bad decision. I busted my arse and wiped most of the bridge with it. It's funny now that I look back, and didn't hurt anything but my pride.
Old 11-13-15, 12:52 PM
PatrickGSR94

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by spoiledrotten
My brother lives in Chattanooga. I wanted to ride downtown Chat., and did so this past summer. I loved it. Beautiful city. I made one mistake by trying to cross the glass bridge on a dew covered morning. Bad decision. I busted my arse and wiped most of the bridge with it. It's funny now that I look back, and didn't hurt anything but my pride.
lololol
Old 11-18-15, 04:00 PM
LEATHERNECK1775

Bikes: Mongoose Pro Crossway 350, Next PX 6.0, K2 Attack, Schwinn High Plains, Next Avalon (For Sale), Pacific Scorpio CS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Memphis, Tn.
Newbie here, I used to ride more in my younger days but that's way back when. So recently I talked the little lady into us getting some exercise and we're just starting off getting back into riding again. I've picked up some bikes at great prices, at least I think so, they're in great shape and will work for what we're doing. We're just doing some trails around the area, Greenway & Greenline types.

First one I picked up: Next PX 6.0 26" 18 sp, that's the one I started off riding. (29.95)
Got the wife a: Pacific Scorpio CS 26" 21 sp. (50.00)
Third one: Next Avalon 26" 7 sp. (20.00)
Last one is going to be a little project: Mongoose Pro Crossway 350 Hybrid. (14.99)
(Nothing too drastic, rear wheel, rear derailleur, new tubes and tires)

Got my eye on a tandem that I'm going to look at this afternoon...for some reason the wife thinks she would like us to have one,
Old 11-18-15, 07:29 PM
PatrickGSR94

Bikes: 2011 Felt Z85 (road/commuter), 2006 Marin Pine Mountain (utility/commuter E-bike), 1995 KHS Alite 1000 (gravel grinder)

Originally Posted by LEATHERNECK1775
Memphis, Tn.
Newbie here, I used to ride more in my younger days but that's way back when. So recently I talked the little lady into us getting some exercise and we're just starting off getting back into riding again. I've picked up some bikes at great prices, at least I think so, they're in great shape and will work for what we're doing. We're just doing some trails around the area, Greenway & Greenline types.

First one I picked up: Next PX 6.0 26" 18 sp, that's the one I started off riding. (29.95)
Got the wife a: Pacific Scorpio CS 26" 21 sp. (50.00)
Third one: Next Avalon 26" 7 sp. (20.00)
Last one is going to be a little project: Mongoose Pro Crossway 350 Hybrid. (14.99)
(Nothing too drastic, rear wheel, rear derailleur, new tubes and tires)

Got my eye on a tandem that I'm going to look at this afternoon...for some reason the wife thinks she would like us to have one,
How many miles can you handle at once? The Cranksgiving charity event is going on this weekend, benefiting the local Urban Bicycle Food Ministry to feed the homeless. There are several races happening on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and then a fun ride heading out after the alleycat race starts at 9 AM on Sunday morning. It's an easy, fun ride, but it might be 10-15 miles or so. It starts at the Peddler bike shop on Walker near U of M if you're interested.
Old 11-18-15, 08:39 PM
LEATHERNECK1775

Bikes: Mongoose Pro Crossway 350, Next PX 6.0, K2 Attack, Schwinn High Plains, Next Avalon (For Sale), Pacific Scorpio CS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PatrickGSR94
How many miles can you handle at once? The Cranksgiving charity event is going on this weekend, benefiting the local Urban Bicycle Food Ministry to feed the homeless. There are several races happening on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and then a fun ride heading out after the alleycat race starts at 9 AM on Sunday morning. It's an easy, fun ride, but it might be 10-15 miles or so. It starts at the Peddler bike shop on Walker near U of M if you're interested.
Hmmm, good question. We recently just started riding the Wolf River Greenway and I've done it all the way so, dunno what's that 8 or 10? I'm off Fri. and Sun. is good...but will be out of town for family reunion Sat. I'll swing by there tomorrow and see if they have a flyer on it or something. Thanks for the info Patrick.
Old 11-19-15, 08:36 AM
PatrickGSR94

Originally Posted by LEATHERNECK1775
Hmmm, good question. We recently just started riding the Wolf River Greenway and I've done it all the way so, dunno what's that 8 or 10? I'm off Fri. and Sun. is good...but will be out of town for family reunion Sat. I'll swing by there tomorrow and see if they have a flyer on it or something. Thanks for the info Patrick.
If you're on Facebook just search Cranksgiving Memphis, and then on that page there is a link to the event page. It's mainly for the races happening Fri, Sat and Sun, but there will also be the casual ride happening Sunday after alleycat gets going. I would link it here but FB is blocked at work.

Looks like it's going to be a bit chilly Sunday morning, but hopefully sunny.
Old 08-25-16, 03:59 PM
GySgtFTL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lebanon, TN here. Just got back into cycling after a few years layoff. Forgot how hard it is!
Old 10-03-16, 10:43 AM
cdub01
Casual Rider

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hendersonville, TN here. Been casually cycling for a couple years and recently moved to fixed gear.

Riding a Takara Kabuto fixed gear. Entry level bike purchased online. REALLY enjoying fixed and hoping to buy a much better bike at the beginning of next season.

Average ride is 8-10 miles 3-4 times a week with the occasional longer ride (never topped 16 miles though).
Old 05-24-20, 10:15 AM
mendy328

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix 2017

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Franklin to Hendersonville?

I'm a 58-year-old widow that lives in Franklin now. I ride RAGBRAI (three years so far) and plan to continue until I no longer physically can't. I ride on the 26 miles of Brentwood trails and love riding on the Natchez Trace! However, I am considering moving to Hendersonville in the next year, as my daughter lives there. Wondering if anyone knows much about the riding there. I know there is a Greenway that takes you about 14 miles, but I'd like more opportunities. Thoughts?!
Old 05-27-20, 11:05 AM
Badbird2000

Bikes: Litespeed

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Knoxville roadie here. I bought a used road bike last October and have finally gotten back on the road the last few months. I had a road bike in Florida, sold my LeMond when I moved here 10 years ago. So glad to be back riding. I ride so far mostly out in Gibbs/Corryton area (for the locals). Lots of good hills. Looking to head out one Saturday and ride out in Townsend. I am shooting to climb from Sugarlands to Clingmans Dome by end of summer. I like elevation! Builds character, quads and lungs...
Old 05-30-20, 09:26 PM
Rogerogeroge

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR 9; Moots Routt YBB; Trek Fuel EX8+; LeMond Poprad

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked 177 Times in 101 Posts
Originally Posted by Badbird2000
Knoxville roadie here. I bought a used road bike last October and have finally gotten back on the road the last few months. I had a road bike in Florida, sold my LeMond when I moved here 10 years ago. So glad to be back riding. I ride so far mostly out in Gibbs/Corryton area (for the locals). Lots of good hills. Looking to head out one Saturday and ride out in Townsend. I am shooting to climb from Sugarlands to Clingmans Dome by end of summer. I like elevation! Builds character, quads and lungs...
Gibbs/Corryton has some sweet riding! I live in West Knox but I ride a lot a bit closer into town on Brushy Valley/Bull Run Valley/Racoon Valley and Wolf Valley. If you head North you can create your own Tour d Flanders! I also have a nice ride that goes around House Mountain. Many moons ago (in the early to mid 1980s) I'd do the ride to Clingman's Dome, but I'm too old and slow to do it now. If you do it, go on a weekday that's not attached to a holiday weekend.

Last edited by Rogerogeroge; 05-30-20 at 09:26 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-14-20, 05:26 PM
rastaman8

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nashville, TN here. Managed to grab a used Wahoo Kickr in January—perfect timing! I've ridden more in the past three months than in my entire life.
Old 07-07-20, 01:50 PM
threespeedmafia
2 wheeled enthusiast

Bikes: More than a few but less than a gross

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 16 Posts
Even though I live in N Mississippi, I'm just south of Memphis and ride on the Shelby Farms Greenline and at Shelby Farms Park a few times a year as well as at Overton Park and over to Overton Square for refreshments.
Likes For threespeedmafia:
Old 07-09-20, 07:25 AM
RStowe

Bikes: 2018 Kona Rove, 1994 Mongoose Rockadile soon to be 26+

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
North of Knoxville by about an hour here, but I'm willing to drive to ride. I mostly ride backroads around Cumberland Gap, but occasionally make it down to Knoxville to connect up greenways with side roads and what not.
Old 10-13-20, 11:53 AM
valve_timing

Bikes: 2018 Breezer Doppler Pro , 1989 Centurion Ironman Master

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
not from tennesee but coming down for vacation/ wedding anniversary i think sunday the 25th of october im gonna do the roaring fork loop/route thats on RWGPS
Old 11-10-20, 07:40 AM
one4smoke

Bikes: 2020 Specialized Roubaix Comp SC - 2016 Specialized Roubaix SL4 - 2015 Giant Roam 2 Disc

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 639 Post(s)
Liked 338 Times in 224 Posts
Originally Posted by mendy328
I'm a 58-year-old widow that lives in Franklin now. I ride RAGBRAI (three years so far) and plan to continue until I no longer physically can't. I ride on the 26 miles of Brentwood trails and love riding on the Natchez Trace! However, I am considering moving to Hendersonville in the next year, as my daughter lives there. Wondering if anyone knows much about the riding there. I know there is a Greenway that takes you about 14 miles, but I'd like more opportunities. Thoughts?!
Hi there, just noticed your post... I'm a Nashville native and primarily ride most of the greenways around town. Brentwood (close to home) Cumberland River greenway and Metro Center, Shelby Bottoms, Stones River, Harpeth and Percy Warner Park. Also do a lot of riding around Centennial Park which is close to my office. Sometimes, just all over and around Nashville.

Mostly ride solo, but occasionally get together with a few riders that like to frequent the Natchez Trace, Big East Fork area, Williamson Co Leipers Fork area. Maybe you'd like to join us sometime. I like your choice in bikes! Are you on Strava?
Old 11-10-20, 08:54 AM
mendy328

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix 2017

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by one4smoke
Hi there, just noticed your post... I'm a Nashville native and primarily ride most of the greenways around town. Brentwood (close to home) Cumberland River greenway and Metro Center, Shelby Bottoms, Stones River, Harpeth and Percy Warner Park. Also do a lot of riding around Centennial Park which is close to my office. Sometimes, just all over and around Nashville.

Mostly ride solo, but occasionally get together with a few riders that like to frequent the Natchez Trace, Big East Fork area, Williamson Co Leipers Fork area. Maybe you'd like to join us sometime. I like your choice in bikes! Are you on Strava?
I am on Strava as Melinda Blankenhorn. I have ridden Shelby Bottoms and the Brentwood trails, but not those other places further north. I don't want to venture too far from home (Franklin) alone. I ride Leiper's Fork and the College Grove area with the Harpeth Bike Club "Cycle Light) 13-15 mph. I'm not fast!
Old 01-03-21, 02:54 PM
Appalachia

Bikes: Litespeed, Santa Cruz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sevierville checking-in, Rides based from Pullen/Jayell in all directions. Typically ride Saturday and Sunday mornings to beat? the traffic. Currently prepping the road bike for an overhaul to be ready for Spring season.
Old 01-04-21, 10:12 PM
slowgo

Bikes: Cervélo R3, Specialized Tarmac, Raleigh Redux

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 25 Posts
Originally Posted by threespeedmafia
Even though I live in N Mississippi, I'm just south of Memphis and ride on the Shelby Farms Greenline and at Shelby Farms Park a few times a year as well as at Overton Park and over to Overton Square for refreshments.
Just moved to Germantown from SW Florida and am about 100 yards from a trailhead for the Germantown Greenway. Looking forward to exploring the Shelby Farms Greenline.
Old 04-05-21, 07:39 PM
BenVoiles

Bikes: Litespeed,Quintana Roo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tennessee

I actually live in Georgia, but about one half mile from the state line. I live near Rock City.
Old 04-13-21, 09:48 AM
Redman87

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Ive lived in Murfreesboro my whole 34 year life. I have riden since i was a kid doing trash service to buy candy from the country Triway market. As an adult i rode a 88 schwinn Caliente all over town cause i couldnt afford gas. Then i got hit by a water bottle and took a dive 3 years ago. I have recently started back riding and building a couple bikes along with restoring some. I will mostly ride the local greenway and the suburban streets. Dont want to deal with jackarses in the outskirts anymore. We once had a huge bike community here with a local festival bike ride every year. I dont know if it still exists though
Bikes;
1968 schwinn varsity
1988 schwinn caliente
1987 schwinn prolouge
???? Giordana
201? Trek hybrid
Old 09-15-21, 12:54 PM
Quijote

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I live in Friendsville. I currently just ride with my kids when they are taking for their triathlon club. My family a couple of years ago got me a Huffy bike which is enough to keep up with the 2 of them, but am going to be looking for something better soon to ride on my own. I am enjoying the riding itself. Probably going to go with a classic one. I find myself looking forward to my next ride.