Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Posting a URL

Old 09-25-22, 07:35 AM
blinky

Bikes: 2003 Litespeed Tuscany with Ultegra R-8000 components

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts
Posting a URL

Is posting just the URL to a bike related website or You Tube instructional video not within the rules - when I attach
a url to a video in a post - a copy and paste - it appears in the post as a picture showing the beginning of the video rather than just the URL - should I be attaching it to the post in a different way ?

Last edited by blinky; 09-25-22 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-26-22, 05:50 AM
datlas 
Should Be More Popular

Bikes: 1986 Alpine (steel road bike), 2009 Ti Habenero, 2013 Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 560 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22513 Post(s)
Liked 8,843 Times in 4,113 Posts
Originally Posted by blinky
Is posting just the URL to a bike related website or You Tube instructional video not within the rules - when I attach
a url to a video in a post - a copy and paste - it appears in the post as a picture showing the beginning of the video rather than just the URL - should I be attaching it to the post in a different way ?
Use the link (chain) icon NOT the picture icon. Cut/paste link into the "URL" box and it should work. I hope that helps, but not sure that's exactly what you are asking. If you just want the link but don't want to embed the video in your post I believe you just cut/paste the link into the post without using the link icon.

Last edited by datlas; 09-26-22 at 05:56 AM.
Old 09-27-22, 01:06 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
Some things like YouTube vid's and such will come in as the actual video or picture instead of just the link you may have copied and pasted or drug over to the editor window.

In such cases, just use the linking tool on the editor bar and put the URL in the proper place and give it a display text. I'm pretty certain you can even just put the URL itself as the display text.

Pretty much what datlas already said.