Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

6,000 miles and 6 months into a two year tour

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-21, 05:01 PM
RollingExist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Hi everybody,

My partner and I are currently about 6k miles and 6 months into a two year (or more?) tour. We rode a big loop of the PNW (PCH, Sierra Cascades Route) starting in May, then headed over to France in July to ride Europe.

Taking a month off in Dubrovnik while I finish up a semester of grad school and also putting some work into video editing and blogging stuff. Anyway if you're interested, I just finished editing our sixth video from the Swiss Alps

We're still pretty new to making videos and whatnot so any feedback is appreciated!
Likes For RollingExist:
Old 11-23-21, 06:32 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1744 Post(s)
Liked 1,370 Times in 719 Posts
Wow, stunning views! Who took the drone footage?
Old 11-25-21, 08:33 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2738 Post(s)
Liked 970 Times in 793 Posts
Mr and Mrs RollingExist, has seen your bike photo in the touring rig bit, so fun to see this vid (havent looked at others). As I wrote in the other thread, I find the Ogres and Trolls to be a great platform for just about anything, and am very fond of my Troll and with a change of tires, would head off anywhere with it. You guys certainly have great setups on both of the Ogres. Just keep on top of hub regreasing (if ball bearing hubs) and whatnot , and the bikes will be great tools for continuing exploring.
All the best with graduate term. Lot of work to do these vids, but will be great memories in years to come. (but still, lots of work)
good luck getting more interest. I'll check out the previous stuff.

still planning to continue riding? Rough ideas of where during winter months?
I've only been awayon trips 3 months, but I have probably 25 years on you two, so just different set of life stuff.
As always, seeing well done travel vids like this make me wish I was 30 years younger today, but there you go, life goes on, and anyway, happy with my bike travels over the last 30 years.

and don't worry, you two aren't the only two at late starts. The day is usually less rushed with earlier, but you go with what works for both of you.
cheers
Old 12-02-21, 02:09 PM
Roughstuff
Punk Rock Lives

Location: Throughout the west in a van, on my bike, and in the forest

Bikes: Long Haul Trucker with BRIFTERS!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 39 Posts
YAY!!! I did a world tour in 1998-2000.....roll on!!!!!