Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

no display

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-22, 02:10 PM
ARTRON9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
no display

Hello
A year ago I fitted a Bafang rear wheel motor to my Fuji MT. the installation went well and I have enjoyed my bike. However, recently I am not getting any response with my 850C display. I checked all the connections three times and still no response. I think the problem may be with the display or the controller. Hopefully no more than that. How can I check these items: controller and display. Or do you have other suggestions. The battery is fully charged and I get full 52 volts when checked after the battery at the first lead. How can I check voltage down the line at every connection? Thank you for your attention. Ron
Old 08-28-22, 04:01 PM
HillRider

Bikes: '96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '20 Surly Midnight Special, All are 3x10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked 1,096 Times in 742 Posts
There are two forums here:
Electric Bikes
Electronics, gadgets, etc

Either is more likely to get you proper help.
Old 08-28-22, 08:30 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18373 Post(s)
Liked 4,507 Times in 3,350 Posts
Hmmm, was it dropped?

Do you still get power assist without the display working?

It looks like the display is supposed to have a USB output port. Can you get power out, such as charging a phone?

https://custombuilt-ebikes.co.uk/wp-...ser_Manual.pdf

It looks like the displays aren't hugely expensive. About $85 or so. I don't know about the controller. I'd probably take it apart and see if I see anything out of place. Check various connectors. Check any capacitors to see if they look flat on top. Also, does it have some kind of internal battery?
Old 08-28-22, 09:48 PM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked 1,061 Times in 745 Posts
Try shooting Bafang an email. Maybe covered under warranty or they might have a suggestion to troubleshoot/fix the problem. BAFANG | After Sales Support | (bafang-e.com)