Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Protective pole supplied by BF is too long for Samsonite s'Cure suitcase

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-22, 01:19 PM
axolotl

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 88 Posts

I bought a new Bike Friday NWT Lite nearly 4 years ago. (It's a lighter form of NWT for riders under 140 lbs. I think they later stopped making it.) I got the Samsonite S'cure suitcase, which BF shipped my bike in. I only flew one roundtrip with the bike & Samsonite before Covid. I don't recall if I used the rigid plastic pole with 2 detachable flanges, to protect the bike. There was no damage, in any event. This morning, I was packing my bike into the suitcase and it's impossible to use the plastic pole. It's 13" long, whereas the depth dimension of the Samsonite s'Cure is just 11.5". If anyone has a Samsonite s'Cure and a rigid protective pole from Bike Friday, could you measure it and tell me how long it is? Thanks.
Old 09-17-22, 01:56 PM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
I have to say that I have hardly used the protective materials that I got from BF, maybe somewhat religiously for the first trip and then quickly less and less towards zero. Random pieces of old cloth have worked as well, or better, and you did not need to figure out what went where.