Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cygolight Pace 550

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Cygolight Pace 550

Old 10-27-16, 07:52 PM
bgrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cygolight Pace 550

Anybody have one? Comments? Good? Bad?
Old 10-29-16, 10:24 AM
Bumnah

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I had a Cygolight for a minute, I returned it for this: Fenix BC21R LED Bike Light - Fenix Outfitters

Better LED, more/better lumens.

That site runs a 10% off coupon often.
Old 10-29-16, 10:37 AM
jon c. 

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1591 Post(s)
Liked 1,015 Times in 570 Posts
recently got a cygolite 800 and am very happy with it. they get great reviews for customer service as well.
Old 10-29-16, 03:05 PM
t595

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
I have had a Cygolite for a couple of years now although not sure which one. It is rechargeable and lasts about 30 hours between charges. I use it all the time when on the road and have been happy with it. Actually had a car driver say something at a stop light about how bright it was during the day.
Old 10-29-16, 06:16 PM
on the path
Señor Blues

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD 10, Breezer Venturi Custom Build, IRO Singlespeed

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Here's the review I wrote for the Performance Bike website:

I bought this light to use mainly as a daytime strobe. I'd read that a bright strobe light is one of the few things that will help a cyclist capture motorist's attention during the day. I don't know if they can see me better with this light, but in full daylight I can see the strobe's flash reflecting off of a road sign 100 yards out in front of me.

A bonus is that now I'm actually doing some riding in the dark. The brightest setting is more than is needed to light the way. On that setting I estimate the beam to be effective for about 1/8th of a mile. However, the next lower setting is more than adequate for night illumination, and motorists can undoubtedly see me coming on that setting.

I'm now getting miles in that I would not have been able to without a good light. Extreme weather may keep me off the bike, but darkness no longer will.
Old 10-29-16, 07:10 PM
Z953

Bikes: '16 Specialized Tarmac Comp (5800), '10 Spec Roubaix Expert (5800), '04 Specialized Roubaix Pro (3500)

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got one a little over a month ago, is that light the ***** or what! Damn thing is bright and I really like the 3 flash strobe.

Originally Posted by jon c.
recently got a cygolite 800 and am very happy with it. they get great reviews for customer service as well.
You wrote that review!? Your review is one of the reasons why I went to Performance that evening a picked one up...well, that and the fact that it was on sale for $79.

Originally Posted by on the path
Here's the review I wrote for the Performance Bike website:

I bought this light to use mainly as a daytime strobe. I'd read that a bright strobe light is one of the few things that will help a cyclist capture motorist's attention during the day. I don't know if they can see me better with this light, but in full daylight I can see the strobe's flash reflecting off of a road sign 100 yards out in front of me.

A bonus is that now I'm actually doing some riding in the dark. The brightest setting is more than is needed to light the way. On that setting I estimate the beam to be effective for about 1/8th of a mile. However, the next lower setting is more than adequate for night illumination, and motorists can undoubtedly see me coming on that setting.

I'm now getting miles in that I would not have been able to without a good light. Extreme weather may keep me off the bike, but darkness no longer will.
Old 10-29-16, 07:45 PM
on the path
Señor Blues

Bikes: Cannondale CAAD 10, Breezer Venturi Custom Build, IRO Singlespeed

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Z953
You wrote that review!? Your review is one of the reasons why I went to Performance that evening a picked one up...well, that and the fact that it was on sale for $79.
Yep, that was me. Maybe I should mention your post next time I place an order with Performance