Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Ergon SR Pro mens?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Ergon SR Pro mens?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-22, 03:35 PM
myemptymind

Bikes: BMC Alpenchallenge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Ergon SR Pro mens?

Anyone currently using this saddle? I just mounted one on a BMC Alpenchallenge, I replaced a Brooks C19 carved. I took it for a short ride and its very different from the Brooks, I am suddenly aware of my sit bones, not uncomfortable, at least not yet, too short of a ride to decide that. It's definitely smaller and lighter than the C19 and I feel a lot more connected to the road.
Does anyone have any experience with this saddle? Looking for any feedback.
Old 03-30-22, 07:03 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4347 Post(s)
Liked 3,984 Times in 2,661 Posts
In the end it doesn't matter. You own the saddle, you have your own butt with your own ischial tuberosity so in the end you will have to figure out for yourself. I don't mean that in a negative way just in a someone can say they love it and someone else can say they absolutely hate it and you won't get much out of it because your butt is the real decider.

Ergon does make good products though and it is certainly one to try. I have an Ergon saddle on my mountain bike and my sit bones haven't complained but I do really like my Cambium C17s but in the end that is my own butt.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 03-30-22, 09:26 PM
Kedosto
Callipygian Connoisseur

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Vegan’s correct. You can have an endless number of reasons for buying any particular saddle, but the final say is decided by your sit bones. I’m a huge fan of a particular Specialized saddle (Phenom), but I could only guess at the number of people who’ve told me how much they hated theirs.

I had an Ergon saddle that came with a used bike I purchased (can’t recall the model), and I found the build quality to be very good and had zero problems with it. As to whether or not it’ll work for you, bend over and ask your backside.
Old 03-30-22, 09:42 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4347 Post(s)
Liked 3,984 Times in 2,661 Posts
Originally Posted by Kedosto
bend over and ask your backside.
Just be careful, you might get a crappy opinion...yuck yuck yuck!

Also thanks : )
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 03-31-22, 10:39 AM
myemptymind

Bikes: BMC Alpenchallenge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Took it for a nice ride this morning, I like it more than the C19. Definitely feels more in touch with the road, just some fooling around with the angle and fore & aft and I think it will do well. Thanks for the comments
Old 03-31-22, 11:44 AM
Polaris OBark
ignominious poltroon

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2238 Post(s)
Liked 3,429 Times in 1,793 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
In the end it doesn't matter..
Presumably that is one place where it does matter.
Old 03-31-22, 04:21 PM
Calsun
Banned

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 382 Times in 288 Posts
After trying several saddles I bought the Ergon SMC Sport Gel saddle and it is very comfortable with the gel where my butt puts the most pressure on the seat but does not interfere at all with my leg motion. The gel is so thin that it is only noticeable when I am sitting on the saddle.