Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Santic shoes and Euro to US size conversion

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 10-31-22, 02:16 AM
MyRedTrek

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 27 Posts

I use platform pedals, I was looking at Santic shoes - they show what I believe to be Euro sizing. My sneakers/running shoes are usually 15W, what would be the Euro equivalent? I find size conversion charts but want to see what your experience is with how they match up with what the charts show.

Do Santics come in that size and do they tend to run smaller/larger? If they don't come in that size is there something similar you can recommend that comes in larger sizes?

Thanks!
Old 11-02-22, 07:37 AM
easyupbug 

Bikes: too many sparkly Italians, some sweet Americans and a couple interesting Japanese

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 567 Post(s)
Liked 562 Times in 405 Posts
I can not help with Santic, have never heard of them, but can say a 15 wide would be a 50 at least unless maybe they make a 49.5 in a wide. After at least a dozen cycling shoes over the years I find euro sized Sidi and some Shimano have run too narrow and so I only get wide now, also know that as we age many folks feet widen but not lengthen.
Likes For easyupbug:
Old 11-02-22, 01:31 PM
Frank72

Bikes: 2022 Ribble Endurance Disc Sport 2018 Trek Emonda Al4, 2012 Motobecane Heat Ti,

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 222 Times in 67 Posts
My Shoes are a euro size 50 and I wear 14 us size. Don't think a 50 is going to do it.
Likes For Frank72:
Old 11-02-22, 02:42 PM
Koyote

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 6934 Post(s)
Liked 10,938 Times in 4,673 Posts
I prefer to look at the shoe length that is included in most decent sizing charts; I know that a shoe that's about 295mm long will fit me decently.
Likes For Koyote:
Old 11-02-22, 02:48 PM
Bald Paul

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Liked 1,646 Times in 776 Posts
Originally Posted by easyupbug
... also know that as we age many folks feet widen but not lengthen.
That happened to my midsection.
Likes For Bald Paul:
Old 11-03-22, 05:15 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4384 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 2,981 Posts
Originally Posted by MyRedTrek
I use platform pedals, I was looking at Santic shoes - they show what I believe to be Euro sizing. My sneakers/running shoes are usually 15W, what would be the Euro equivalent? I find size conversion charts but want to see what your experience is with how they match up with what the charts show.

Do Santics come in that size and do they tend to run smaller/larger? If they don't come in that size is there something similar you can recommend that comes in larger sizes?

Thanks!
I'm afraid you are going to be guessing here. There is not even much consistency in the same Euro sizing between different shoe brands. You have a better chance with those brands who list specific foot length and width measurements. No idea about Santic. Never heard of them.
Likes For PeteHski: