Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Outbound Lighting Road Edition on Brompton

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-21, 11:19 AM
CEBEP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 45 Posts

I like good lights and don't like when bike light beam is designed as flashlight. I understand that lights for mountain bikes and road bikes serve different purpose and I think lights need to be marketed as such. I also like StVZO certified lights not only because they don't blind incoming traffic and pedestrians but also because they put all light where it's needed for the road bike. I spent quite some time searching for a good light for my Brompton. With all above in mind it wasn't easy. STVZO certified lights are mainly available in Germany and are mostly not available for delivery to Turkey. I checked other options form the like of Kreptonine and StVZO certified cat eye models (yes they also exist) but couldn't find perfect option.

Monsters from Lupine and Supernova were insanely expensive with pretty big battery packs that I wasn't sure would fit my Brompton.

And then I came across Outbound Lighting in one of the forums. While it's not StVZO certified, it's designed by the same principle with light cutoff and wide spread. So I decided to give it a try as it also looked like battery pack is not too big and could fit under the frame.

It's not possible to make a picture of light beam exactly as a human eye can see but it should give an understanding of the beam pattern. Eye would see more light than on picture. I also think the beam pattern would probably be better if light is mounted on the handlebars.

Beam pattern to the wall

Min output

Max output

Light mounted on TRIGO fork bracket using gopro adaptor on the light

Setup with battery

Battery

Whole setup folds just fine
Likes For CEBEP: