Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > BMX
Reload this Page >

Did Pacific make any good bikes?

Notices
BMX Dirt, vert, flatland or street? Drop in the BMX forum to talk to other 20" riders around the world. What is the best BMX bicycle for you? Learn all about it here.

Old 11-21-04, 10:54 AM
ivaner

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have purchased an old school pacific bmx bike it looks cool has purple rims, purple 3 piece cranks,and purple stem and seatpost the rest is chrome it has purple decals as well. It says pacific hammer compe and it says chromoly 4130 is that good?I got for 10 bucks and i wanna sell it on ebay.
Old 11-21-04, 11:35 AM
CMcMahon

Bikes: Solid AA

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For ten bucks, yeah, that's a good deal. Put it up on eBay and you might be able to get the same amount for it.

However, it is far from a good bike.
Old 07-01-21, 09:38 PM
Drventure

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Any word on this bike**********?

I purchased this bike in the early 90’s. Rode it all over and I still have it in my 40’s. Same exact bike you described. Every day I try to find out what his bike is because I want to fix it up better than it is and give it to my son. I don’t even know if it’s worth anything so I’m wondering if you found out any information on this bike that you purchased for $10? Thank you

Originally Posted by ivaner
I have purchased an old school pacific bmx bike it looks cool has purple rims, purple 3 piece cranks,and purple stem and seatpost the rest is chrome it has purple decals as well. It says pacific hammer compe and it says chromoly 4130 is that good?I got for 10 bucks and i wanna sell it on ebay.
Old 07-02-21, 10:19 AM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1764 Post(s)
Liked 1,119 Times in 743 Posts
Originally Posted by Drventure
I purchased this bike in the early 90’s. Rode it all over and I still have it in my 40’s. Same exact bike you described. Every day I try to find out what his bike is because I want to fix it up better than it is and give it to my son. I don’t even know if it’s worth anything so I’m wondering if you found out any information on this bike that you purchased for $10? Thank you

Since the original poster was last on here 16 years ago, i doubt he still is around

It wont hurt anything to restore it for your son. IT will never fetch the money a Hutch Trickstar or a Supergoose will, but for a beater or neighborhood terrorizer, should still be fine to this day
Old 07-02-21, 10:26 AM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4829 Post(s)
Liked 7,820 Times in 3,704 Posts
My recollection is that Pacific was the house brand for a big box store (WalMart, I think it was). It won't have much value for resale, but can probably be massaged into a usable machine for recreational purposes.
Old 07-02-21, 02:51 PM
Drventure

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah I honestly have no clue where my parents bought it back in the day. But I can definitely say it’s served it’s purpose for what I need it for and it’s a very super light bike that I used to do crazy tricks on. I’m currently on vacation but when I get back over the weekend I’ll see if I can throw up some pictures.
Originally Posted by Eric F
My recollection is that Pacific was the house brand for a big box store (WalMart, I think it was). It won't have much value for resale, but can probably be massaged into a usable machine for recreational purposes.
Likes For Drventure: