Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Trek Verve 3 disc vs Specialized Crossroads 3.0

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-21, 05:00 AM
Bliip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Anybody have any experience with these two bikes. I want to ride with my wife in various locations from street to park and paved paths along the beach. We do about 15-20 miles per ride. We are both relatively fit and in our mid 50's. She has the Verve 2 which I like. When I ride with her I ride my 2017 Specialized crossroads sport and would like to upgrade. When I ride by myself i ride my Specialized sirrus 3.0 for more speed. We do hit some hills occasionally. The Crossroads 3.0 has a 1x9 and Verve 3 has 2x9 so I'm not sure if I'll have enough gearing if needed with Crossroads even though I'll probably stay between 1-3,4,5,6 most of the time. Fyi the crossroads 2 has more gearing but mechanical disc brakes. Even though these are more relaxed hybrids we ride farther than many on these types and we like a speed too. Any bike similar to my Sirrus she hates like Giant Escape, Trek FX 1 etc.

Last edited by Bliip; 10-19-21 at 05:10 AM.
Old 10-27-21, 01:39 PM
ckelly_22

Bikes: Giant Contend AR 4, Specialized Crossroads 2.0, Quintana Roo Kilo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
i am riding the crossroads 2.0, i have had it over a year, bought it so i could ride with my wife when she occasionally rides- she has a beach cruiser. i haven't put that many miles on it, i have a giant contend ar 4 and a quintana roo kilo for for longer and faster rides. so far it has been a great bike. i get what you are saying about the mechanical disc brakes, i have them on the crossroads and the contend and i haven't had any issues with them. i am a flatlander riding mostly country backroads so that might make a difference. we are heading to anna maria island, florida next week for the second year in a row and the crossroads will be going with me for the second year in a row. when we get there and park the car we won't get back in it until we leave the following weekend, ride the bikes everywhere we go all week.
Likes For ckelly_22: