Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

V brake pads.... confused!!!!!

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

V brake pads.... confused!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-21, 09:38 PM
Rdytoroll

Bikes: 1991 Miyata Nine 14, 2009 Scott Sub 20 - Converted to Mid Drive E-Bike

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanks for then explanation Sweeks. Kool Stop does not even show the longer screw version of the v brake pad on their website, Makes me think that they may have stopped production of that model.
Old 11-28-21, 08:16 AM
Dan Burkhart 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 658 Times in 371 Posts
Originally Posted by Rdytoroll
Thanks for then explanation Sweeks. Kool Stop does not even show the longer screw version of the v brake pad on their website, Makes me think that they may have stopped production of that model.
They do show the non cartridge style with the longer screw and the dual spherical washer set, but the cartridge type seem to be all short.
I'm glad you posted this, because I actually learned something. I had not encountered this before, but I just checked a suppliers site, and the ones they have listed show the short screw and single washer set. https://cyclebabac.com/product/kool-...72mm-compound/
Seems this is the new and improved version.

Last edited by Dan Burkhart; 11-28-21 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-28-21, 08:34 AM
sweeks

Bikes: Airborne "Carpe Diem", Motobecane "Mirage", Trek 6000, Strida 2, Dahon "Helios XL", Dahon "Mu XL", Tern "Verge S11i"

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 399 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart
...but the cartridge type seem to be all short.
I'd been looking for shorter pads to use on my folding bike. With 20" wheels, it's hard to adjust the pads without the center of the pad hanging off the rim to the inside or the ends contacting the tire. These short pads are much easier to line up.