Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Blogger's Forum
Reload this Page >

My experienced in learning bike

Notices
Blogger's Forum Whether it's a cycling blog, or just your personal page, this is the place to share ideas and links.

Old 11-27-21, 02:50 AM
infamaria101

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I know that many people share my dislike of riding bikes, but if you give it a chance you might find out that it's not as bad as you think.

This blog post is about the dos and don'ts of this experience. It's an account of an interesting story with some helpful tips for those who are interested in trying new things.

In all honesty, it's not easy for me to do so because I've never been a fan of the extreme sports. It's a little bit too much for me. But one day, I decided to give it a try and went to the nearest bike shop to be fitted with helmets and started learning how to ride a bike.

It didn't take long before I was able to ride my first 1km stretch of road. It was scary but cool at the same time. This feeling still lingers within me even though I've been riding my bike for 1 year now. After that initial experience, I was able to ride my way around the neighborhood without any problem at all. Bike riding is totally addictive for me at this point in time.

lessons learned in the process.
So far, it's been almost a whole year of riding my bike every single day. And I have been able to learn so many that I can tell you from experience how to ride a bike as well as some good tips on how to deal with some common problems that might come up on your way. In fact, it took me a long time before I was able to ride my bike after work because I had to first learn all the dos and Don'ts on how to ride a bike correctly first on a safe road near my house firstly.

The first thing that comes into your mind when you hear this word is probably that you have to wear helmets and use hand gloves when riding your bikes.

It's not so hard after all. I thought that learning how to ride a bike would be a lot harder than it actually was. Here are the lessons that I've learnt in the past 6 months of my bike riding adventures:

Bike Riding is similar to driving a car. The major differences are that your back is always towards the road instead of looking at the traffic, and you can lean into curves better with your body weight balanced on two wheels. However, you need to practice leaning with both your arms and legs to make sure you don't fall over when you're biking at higher speeds. The trick is to lean more with your legs than with your arms. Here is an illustration of the correct lean for your bike.

Another thing that I've learnt during my lessons is that you should stick with one handling style while riding on the road, like using both your arms and legs, which makes it easier to control your speed.

I just want to learn this kind of biking skill in the future hahaha