Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Help with Sram compatibility question(s) please..

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-21, 02:41 PM
wa61105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi. I recently bought a Canyon Grizl (CF SLX 8 ETAP) mainly for gravel/road riding in Colorado. It has the Sram XPLR 1x component set. I would like to be able to take the bike bike packing on occasion, but will need a smaller chainring upfront to tackle the steeper mountain trails here with a loaded bike. The current Force 1x crank will only allow me to go down to a 38t chainring up front. I have 12 speed 11-44 cassette in the back. Thinking that I would like to have a 30t chainring in front. It would seem that I should just be able to swap out the crankset to say an Eagle 1x with a X-sync compatible chain. I had an online chat with a Sram rep and he said that I would also need to swap out the derailleur, cassette and chain to an Eagle mountain setup since he said the Force XPLR system is not compatible with an Eagle chainring.. Ouch!! Any other suggestions? Maybe a non Sram crank/chainring like Wolftooth?