Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Ever made your own suspension trainer?

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Old 08-29-21, 11:50 AM
Kat12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked 378 Times in 278 Posts

I'd like to do this-- TRX just way too expensive and it sounds pretty easy to make one's own, with several different options for construction depending on preferences and needs. I've been reading and watching tutorials, and have a few ideas, but am just wondering whether anyone else has made their own and has tips.

(I'm not sure that suspension training is really a cycling cross-training "thing," but I'm not on many forums where fitness might be a focus and hence where I might have a good chance of finding someone who has made one of these.)
Old 09-11-21, 10:11 PM
hopperja

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 22 Posts
Get a 20' length of decent size rope, either 3/8" or 1/2".

Cut off 2 @ 2' lengths.

Get 16" length of 1" pvc pipe; cut it in half. These are your 2 handles.

Thread each 2' length through each 1" pvc handle.

Tie each handle into a loop (a sheetbend or zeppelin bend knot works well). Attach to remaining 16' rope using a prussik knot.

I've made a couple this way and used one or the other for dozens of workouts. My Irish cousins call it Ropey.
​​​​