Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

iOS app question

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-22, 03:55 PM
adamrice 
mosquito rancher

Bikes: Bob Jackson 853 Arrowhead; Felt VR30; Kinesis UK RTD; Hujsak tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked 181 Times in 133 Posts
iOS app question

I'm wondering if there is an app that meets the following criteria:

- Runs on an iPad
- Acts a a controller for a smart trainer
- Imports "today's workout" from Training Peaks and syncs results back to Training Peaks
- Doesn't require a monthly subscription.

I'm currently using Rouvy (which does require a subscription), and have looked at Trainer Day (which requires a slightly cheaper subscription in order to really unlock it). I can see why the subscription model is appealing to developers, but for my purposes the value-add from subscription-oriented services just doesn't seem to be there.
Old 07-24-22, 05:48 PM
mobile_chicane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was in a similar boat and found the MyWhoosh app through a review by DCRainmaker. Suppose to connect with Strava and Training Peaks although I don't use Training Peaks myself so not sure about how well the sync works. I have only ridden it twice and found it adequate for what it does -- can't complaint since it's free (at least for now).