Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Used -like New 1982 Huffy Concours Professional. Worth?

Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Old 09-01-22, 09:31 PM
Killbosby144
KillBosby144

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Got a 'used-like new Huffy Concours Professional from the ex-wife of the original owner of the bike for the equivalent of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, thanks largely I'm part to the fact fhat she these days hates him and I guess he loved it (it being the bike). Curious what yiu guys have to say about the story behind these bikes and this ones worth. I intend to post pic s if I can figure out how. I'm gonna be posting Miyata 210 in the exact same condition I'm looking to get tomorrow niight for a couple hundred. This one from the original owner who assures me its never been ridden because in fact she hates the damned thing ?(and cycling in general) but has been carrying it from state to state since 1979. Anyway. your collective knowledge and opinions are appreciated greatly. Please chime in and let me know what I might not about these bikes. Thanks in advance

Last edited by Killbosby144; 09-01-22 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Trying to add photos
Old 09-02-22, 08:59 AM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 957 Times in 624 Posts
Discount store bike, at the higher end. Call it entry level. $25. Good trade for a sandwich.

Miyata 210 is a decent bike, but a couple of hundred is way too high given your description. Lack of miles don't matter much. It also means the bike has not been maintained. So its going to need a complete rebuild, not a tune up. I'd pay $50 for a nice 210 that needed full service. I would then put about 4 to 6 hours into it, plus another $100 in parts and consumables. It would not be a money maker, but could be a good keeper bike.

The earlier the 210, the worse it gets. Miyata upgraded the model over the years, a mid 1980s would be much nicer. I've had both.

Given a choice, I would take a bike that has been regularly ridden over a garage queen, assuming it got maintained over the years.
Likes For wrk101:
Old 09-02-22, 03:11 PM
uncle uncle

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked 233 Times in 139 Posts
I personally like the "story" of a Huffy that dared to be the equivalent of an entry level, bicycle shop quality, bicycle. I think it's a hoot, and if I came across one, at a reasonable price, I'd scoop it up just to mess around with for myself. I'd probably shy away from any Huffy Concours, that didn't come with some kind of guarantee of it being completely gone thru, to 50$ and under. But I'm pretty weird in my bicycle likes, and I'd think most people, even one's into C&V bicycles, wouldn't be interested in the Huffy.
Old 09-02-22, 07:10 PM
3alarmer 
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 304 Post(s)
Quoted: 26247 Post(s)
Liked 10,229 Times in 7,098 Posts
https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...-concours.html