Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Cube sl road c:62 slt

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-21, 02:43 PM
mdb_mia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has anyone had any experience with the CUBE SL ROAD C:62 SLT? Have been doing research for some time on the Trek FX Sport 6, Specialized Sirrus 6.0, Cannondale Synapse Carbon Disc Ultegra Flatbar and the Giant FastRoad Advanced 1. I suddenly came across the CUBE SL ROAD C:62 SLT and seems to have some great kit. I had a CUBE many years ago in Europe and now they are in the US I am looking in to them now. Any thoughts or experience with the CUBE SL ROAD C:62 SLT, I would be very grateful. Thank you!
Old 09-02-21, 03:02 PM
Beavis5220

Bikes: 2020 BMC Alpenchallenge 2017 BMC Alpenchallenge

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by mdb_mia
Has anyone had any experience with the CUBE SL ROAD C:62 SLT? Have been doing research for some time on the Trek FX Sport 6, Specialized Sirrus 6.0, Cannondale Synapse Carbon Disc Ultegra Flatbar and the Giant FastRoad Advanced 1. I suddenly came across the CUBE SL ROAD C:62 SLT and seems to have some great kit. I had a CUBE many years ago in Europe and now they are in the US I am looking in to them now. Any thoughts or experience with the CUBE SL ROAD C:62 SLT, I would be very grateful. Thank you!
great looking bike.......
​​​​​​
Old 10-31-21, 07:17 AM
alopecoid

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mdb_mia
[...] and now they are in the US [...]
I have been looking for this bike, but have not found any US dealers for Cube. Where have you seen Cube bikes available in the US? Thank you.
Old 01-03-22, 05:58 AM
Sardines

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 48 Posts
Yes, My neighbor has one, and it rides wonderful. My kid was looking at it as her fitness/commuter, but ultimately chose the Trek FX6 instead for the geometry, which did suit her better. The SL Road is a fine ride, and is the ONLY carbon frame that has rack mounts for front and rear. The gearing is more "commuter" than the FX, Giant, Canyon, Cannondale hybrids, being 46/30 GRX, vs 50/34. But it has generous clearance of up to 40c with fenders as well, so it can hit the dirt much better than the others.
The FX6 rides better with those Iso systems, but is a REAL PITA to install practical things like a kickstand, rack and even fenders, being limited in clearance. It's more narrow in scope of use than the Cube, which truly is more one bike to do many things. It's pretty easy to switch out the cranks to the 48/32 of the GRX800 or even 50/34 if you want more top end. The 11-34t allows a bit more breadth shooting up hills, than the 11-32t cassette on the FX6.
I've spent more time and money on the FX6 to get it to the practical side of things for my kid, with Robert Project thru axles, and Axiom rack mounted on the fender bridge, carbon kickstand which isn't designed for it. Moot if that's not what you're looking for, and seeing how you have a drop bar in your choices. Also Cube is also having difficulty with stock of the SLT, when I called the LBS. It's a pity cos it's a well designed all rounder bike.