Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

105 goes Di2

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

105 goes Di2

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-22, 11:50 AM
Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Originally Posted by Overdraft
I’m with all the folks who say they don’t want yet another thing that needs batteries and charging.

One of my riding buddies has Ultegra Di2. It sounds like he’s driving an early 60’s British car with no synchromesh. Whether you use a cable or wireless you still gotta know how to shift.

Also there’s the wedge argument that we’re diverging from a human powered machine… just sayin’
Nah. Besides, what if I hooked it up to charge the very-low-power Di2 battery from my trainer?
Old 08-03-22, 12:51 PM
Racing Dan

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 216 Posts
In DI2, the Not floppy paddles and auto FD trim is nice. Nicer than mech no matter what level. Even Dura Ace. Shimano could tighten up the paddles in the sis shifters, by a lot, but them moving to all electric in the "good" groups, they likely wont.
Old 08-03-22, 12:58 PM
Racing Dan

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked 318 Times in 216 Posts
Originally Posted by Bah Humbug
Nah. Besides, what if I hooked it up to charge the very-low-power Di2 battery from my trainer?
Why doesn't DI2 have a dynamo in the first place. At least as an option. The average power to run it is minuscule. Like 0.1W, assuming a 100h battery life and a 10wh battery (didn't bother to look, but I'm betting its close). You could charge with a jockey wheel or a magnet in the spokes.