Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Chicago Area Bike Swap Tomorrow 2/23!

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 02-22-20, 03:09 PM
Chicago Al 

Bikes: 1974 Motobecane Grand Record, 1987 Miyata Pro, 1988 Bob Jackson Lady Mixte (wife's), others in the family

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 78 Posts

I assume most regulars here who are in the Chicago areas or nearby are aware of this pretty large event, returning after last year's DNS:

https://www.chicagowinterbikeswap.com/

I will be there and expect to see smontanaro, iab, r0ckh0und and others there.

I don't have a table (or anything to sell) but would be happy to meet any other C&Vers,

- Dr Samuel Johnson
Likes For Chicago Al:
Old 02-23-20, 03:04 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1361 Post(s)
Liked 422 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by Chicago Al
I assume most regulars here who are in the Chicago areas or nearby are aware of this pretty large event, returning after last year's DNS:

https://www.chicagowinterbikeswap.com/

I will be there and expect to see smontanaro, iab, r0ckh0und and others there.

I don't have a table (or anything to sell) but would be happy to meet any other C&Vers,

Sorry to miss you and Billy K. I don't know everyone's handle here, but did meet a few familiar fella's. Dan, Steve W, John H. and others. Good crowd.

Steve steered me to a full carbon Scott CR1 with Sram 10 speed, sans wheels and saddle. I didn't go with intention to acquire another bike but probably should have taken that one for only $250. Steve tells me seller would even go lower. We were flap jawing and the bike was sold. Thank goodness. Lol

$800. Full Campy Super Record. Tubulars. Original but needs TLC

Old 02-23-20, 03:09 PM
AidanQ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lovely old school bike.
Old 02-23-20, 04:00 PM
crank_addict
Banned

My small satchel of take.
Magistroni skip tooth ring, very vinti 3 speed and single freewheel, Omas and TA cage, pumps, straps, GB stem, misc. Campy QR levers - all $17.

Pair of Veloflex skinny 700c (140 gm) $10 pair.

Rando SR bar $5 and Blackburn front panniers support $8

Seller pleaded with me to take two old truing stands for $20, but only took this Minoura for half. I don't think they're sought after but for that coin, hope someone else grabbed the other. May gift it to a friend who's just been bitten by the bikey bug.

Last edited by crank_addict; 02-23-20 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-23-20, 04:11 PM
r0ckh0und 

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 222 Times in 104 Posts
The Allez was a nice bike. There was a guy with several NOS Campy hubsets, one of those was high flange with straight skewers. Also a Miyata Ridge Runner frameset for $440. Saw Chicago Al and a few others. I bought an old school Answer suspension fork from the bike corral with a complete bike attached to it. Next weekend is the Milwaukee Swap.

Old 02-23-20, 04:57 PM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,823 Times in 1,709 Posts
Originally Posted by crank_addict
Campy QR levers - all $17.
The curved versions of the early Record QR levers aren't common at all - nice score! You should post a close-up of those.

Nice pair of NOS tires, too. I will be keeping an eye out for tire deals at our annual Swap next month

DD
Old 02-23-20, 05:19 PM
crank_addict
Banned

Originally Posted by Drillium Dude
The curved versions of the early Record QR levers aren't common at all - nice score! You should post a close-up of those.

Nice pair of NOS tires, too. I will be keeping an eye out for tire deals at our annual Swap next month

DD
One lever is straight however the other two are greatly curved. More than I've seen. Chrome looks OK.

I have enough tires but for $10 pair--- yes please. Seller had 1/2 dozen in this 20mm width.
Old 02-23-20, 06:01 PM
DVC45

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 7 Posts
I totally forgot about this. I came in very late, but still walked out with a nice disc brake wheelset for $40.

There's another bike swap meet in Milwaukee next weekend. ' hope to go there too.

https://wisconsinbikefed.org/events/bike-bazaar/
Old 02-23-20, 10:20 PM
Steve Whitlatch 

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 35 Posts
I picked up a pair of Continental Sprinter Gatorkins and a Sram 10 speed 11 to 32 cassette. Two things I was looking for out of three. I did see a lot of nice things that were out of reach for my price range. It was fun. I had to bring my one year old grandson with me. He was pretty cool. Just chilled in the stroller and had a good time. What a great kid. He found some handle bars he wanted but I had to say no. He grabbed them right off a table.