Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Lies, damned lies, then CTL....or is it a lie?

Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Lies, damned lies, then CTL....or is it a lie?

Old 08-16-21, 10:53 AM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Do you think it accurately predicts performance gains? How accurate do you think it is WRT your thresholds beyond 5 minutes? Did it get your "FTP" right?

I used it in the prototype stage and up until about 2 years ago. I found not accurate.
I'd say its more accurate than a strictly FTP centric power curve. My power curve and racing tends towards suprathreshold efforts(mostly CX) so having the HIE/dFRC type of metric to focus on on gains is more accurate. I can also follow my high intensity training load and pretty much predict when I'm going to have a breakthrough ride or when I should go for one to refresh my signature. In terms of correct FTP, its a few watts lower estimates from a number of tests/models ie ramp/20/intervals.icu(Mortan CP). I think if you do lots of outside nonstructured riding and don't want to do lots of formal testing and training its as good as it gets, no other program can predict my fitness like Xert and guess pretty well what I can do in real time
Likes For redlude97: