Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Please update the forum rules FAQ

Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Old 05-03-21, 09:06 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts

If so I kindly request an update to the forum FAQ/Rules page, as it ain't in there about "don't mention guns". No issues with doing as I'm told, just have issues with expectations that aren't published. I've attended forums before where they had an explicit clause listing the forbidden references. It shouldn't have to be through the grapevine of posts, it should be easy to find and see.

It's a bit tiresome seeing the replies from folks "don't post about guns" or "don't post about xyz". If so........then publish it in the FAQ. I can't randomly guess what triggers folks OR what posting rules folks MIGHT want to have in place. Just put it in print.

I seriously don't mind. But it's tough to figure out if it isn't stated. Guns don't bother me. People talk about pepper spray, some folks own guns. If you want a blanket statement about zero violence in forum topics, fine too. But violent things occur in life. Like the dog attack topics. If nobody is threatening anybody, it's a tough call to dictate responses in a violent situation.

I just ask for clarification as it's a bit rude being called out in the open forum for something that isn't in print in here:

https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sug...ad-please.html
Old 05-03-21, 10:09 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
If so I kindly request an update to the forum FAQ/Rules page, as it ain't in there about "don't mention guns". No issues with doing as I'm told, just have issues with expectations that aren't published. I've attended forums before where they had an explicit clause listing the forbidden references. It shouldn't have to be through the grapevine of posts, it should be easy to find and see.

It's a bit tiresome seeing the replies from folks "don't post about guns" or "don't post about xyz". If so........then publish it in the FAQ. I can't randomly guess what triggers folks OR what posting rules folks MIGHT want to have in place. Just put it in print.

I seriously don't mind. But it's tough to figure out if it isn't stated. Guns don't bother me. People talk about pepper spray, some folks own guns. If you want a blanket statement about zero violence in forum topics, fine too. But violent things occur in life. Like the dog attack topics. If nobody is threatening anybody, it's a tough call to dictate responses in a violent situation.

I just ask for clarification as it's a bit rude being called out in the open forum for something that isn't in print in here:

https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sug...ad-please.html
Found it at the end of one of the sentences.

Fine, I'll do it despite thoroughly disagreeing with it.
Old 05-03-21, 12:47 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3059 Post(s)
Liked 6,380 Times in 3,692 Posts
Yep. It is in the Disruption category.

Disruption

Posts which intend to disrupt the topic of conversation or steer the topic away from the focus of the forum and related news. Disruption can include harassment, multiple user profiles, multiple posting of the same post and posting completely off topic messages. Please do your best when it comes to grammar, punctuation and spelling. Excessive use of "AOL'ese" and "hAx0r" talk can be very disruptive so please keep it to a minimum. Private messages are to be kept private and never posted in the forums. Additionally, since we are a bicycle forum, primarily, and not a political forum, don't use political signatures or avatars, due to their controversy effect. Also, gun discussion and illegal personal drug use are not allowed in the open public forum.