Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Classic or not

Old 10-31-22, 12:41 PM
Johnboy8

Bikes: Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Classic or not

Hi to every one out here an thanks in advance, I happend to find this bike its a white mountain bike binachi, in very great shape , i believe in has been in a garage for a long time as it had a lot of dust.

i never heard of the name , i am new to bikes, so i asked another bike forum an said he never heard of it , but said it was older, ?/you guys seem to be more knowledgeable, so i ll try to describe as best as i can.

t has super set ll, on front fork an unicrown with chrome molly atop of it, an eagle with crown atop of it on the front fork, an down pipe from seat it deacal say tange+ cro, +mo. just noticed it says on upper bar says Nyala, bianchi. excuse me i thought it looked like a mountain bike so asumed that it doesnt say mountain on it.

i mistaked it at alll sorry guys numbers on bottom of crank #H9T68706, i dont know any thing about bianchi , but would like to know the back ground on it. also how old or if it is even old.

found it behind a garage with sticker saying free to any one in the alley, in the area of wealthy older area of town, i think it might have belonged to a older person that jus couldnt use it any more an been put aside an might have past an some one didnt want it or jus makeing room, cause these are expensive bike s to just throw out. it practically new has nipples on new tires still, back tire says bianchi as does the seat, i cant put photos up but i ll try again ,

if anu one can help me out i greatly appreciat all help given thanks

Last edited by cb400bill; 10-31-22 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Edited to increase readability.
Old 10-31-22, 01:04 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,564 Times in 3,764 Posts
Does it look like this one?

Last edited by cb400bill; 10-31-22 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-31-22, 01:11 PM
Johnboy8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnboy8
Hi to every one out here an thanks in advance, I happend to find this bike its a white mountain bike binachi, in very great shape , i believe in has been in a garage for a long time as it had a lot of dust.

i never heard of the name , i am new to bikes, so i asked another bike forum an said he never heard of it , but said it was older, ?/you guys seem to be more knowledgeable, so i ll try to describe as best as i can.

t has super set ll, on front fork an unicrown with chrome molly atop of it, an eagle with crown atop of it on the front fork, an down pipe from seat it deacal say tange+ cro, +mo. just noticed it says on upper bar says Nyala, bianchi. excuse me i thought it looked like a mountain bike so asumed that it doesnt say mountain on it.

i mistaked it at alll sorry guys numbers on bottom of crank #H9T68706, i dont know any thing about bianchi , but would like to know the back ground on it. also how old or if it is even old.

found it behind a garage with sticker saying free to any one in the alley, in the area of wealthy older area of town, i think it might have belonged to a older person that jus couldnt use it any more an been put aside an might have past an some one didnt want it or jus makeing room, cause these are expensive bike s to just throw out. it practically new has nipples on new tires still, back tire says bianchi as does the seat, i cant put photos up but i ll try again ,

if anu one can help me out i greatly appreciat all help given thanks
yes thats it wow
Old 10-31-22, 01:13 PM
Johnboy8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So whhat kind of bike is it how many gears i wouldnt know what is for what , i havent ridden in along time
Old 10-31-22, 01:17 PM
Johnboy8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh an i am sorry i trying to figure out how to reply an stay within my thread, please tell me if an where to reply or to just stay where i am lol but yea thats the bike it dont look old. To me
Old 10-31-22, 01:23 PM
wrk101
Thrifty Bill

Bikes: 86 Katakura Silk, 87 Prologue X2, 88 Cimarron LE, 1975 Sekai 4000 Professional, 73 Paramount, plus more

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 1236 Post(s)
Liked 964 Times in 628 Posts
I would not describe it as "classic", I'll call it vintage. Its basically a nice older MTB. Probably 18 speeds (guess), but some will be repeats, and some you shouldn't use.

The total number of speeds on a bike do not mean they are all unique and all usable. # of speeds sells bikes.

Yes it is older.

Last edited by wrk101; 10-31-22 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-31-22, 01:33 PM
Johnboy8

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you , for your response, if i may ask also what is its main purpose to ride just on streets or off terrain, how much does a bike like this cost one, when did it come out what era , i scare to go ride it an fall on front of my niegjbors been so long an the gears i dont even know how to even start moveing it, i mean i am newbie for sure, i really dont think i am gona keep it i jus got rid of 2 bikes an wheels that i had in storage but i cant seem to not stop an pik some thing up I couldnt find what kinda bike it was an my wife is not to happy with it being in the livin room
Old 10-31-22, 01:48 PM
Eric F 
Habitual User

Bikes: 2023 Niner RLT 9 RDO, 2018 Trek Procaliber 9.9 RSL, 2018 Storck Fascenario.3 Platinum, 2003 Time VX Special Pro, 2001 Colnago VIP, 1999 Trek 9900 singlespeed, 1977 Nishiki ONP

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4926 Post(s)
Liked 8,052 Times in 3,808 Posts
The Bianchi brand is very well known, and has a long history in cycling. Older high-end Bianchi road bikes are treasured in the C&V community, and their current high-end bikes are truly excellent machines. That said, this particular bike appears to be more of an entry-level MTB from the '90s, and is not particularly special when compared with others in its category. The current value is whatever someone will pay for it - not very much. If you're just looking for something to roll around on, it will serve the job, as long as everything that is supposed to rotate rotates, and every thing that isn't supported to rotate doesn't rotate. I would expect that getting it into decent riding condition would involve new cables and housing, and possibly a new chain, along with a thorough cleaning. and proper adjustment of the drivetrain. Depending on the condition of the tires and tubes, they may also need to be replaced. Seat and grips, possibly, as well.
Old 11-01-22, 03:21 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2925 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnboy8
Oh an i am sorry i trying to figure out how to reply an stay within my thread, please tell me if an where to reply or to just stay where i am lol but yea thats the bike it dont look old. To me
Good Morning. You have a 1990 Nyala, a good basic all terrain bike, 21 speeds with Suntour XCT.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll: