Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

I just bought...

Old 11-01-17, 07:02 PM
VanceMac

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jfiveeight
Which one did you go with? Once I got the right form with the belt it helps ensure I stay in good form during heavy days. A great purchase.
I was using an Inzer lever belt clone. It has been very solid, and would recommend to anyone on a tight budget. Four years later, I went with Pioneer Fit, for their easy customization. I didn't need any fancy logos or embroidery (which they are very good at), but it's nice to be able to customize all the details.
Old 11-01-17, 07:40 PM
bartek. 

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by carleton
Wow. It's really new thread and it doesn't look promising (even if 2 positive comments).

Well, we will see. Maybe I call my bank tomorrow to get information what is a deadline for cash back just in case.

Anyway, did a quick research, and found the annual reports of the company: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history
Haven't analyze it yet, we will see when the already shipped Scatto arrive.
Here is not too old thread about company with some deep research about stakeholders: Anyone bought from VelodromeShop recently? - BikeRadar Forum (scroll to the last post).
Old 11-01-17, 08:40 PM
pierrej

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Just bought some 120tpi tires and lightweight tubes for the road bike, had some canvas showing on the rear it currently has on so thought it was probably time to replace and decided to get something reasonably nice.

Bought a 52t DA chainring and 34cm cromo b123 last week from njs export, arrived today unexpectedly. The bars are brand new so look lovely, but the used chainring is the surprise as it looks immaculate
Old 11-01-17, 09:03 PM
Altimis

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Holy crap

I just ordered new handle bar B125 from velodromeshop.... I start to lose nerve now
Old 11-01-17, 09:20 PM
Baby Puke

Bikes: Marin Stelvio, Pogliaghi SL, Panasonic NJS, Dolan DF4, Intense Pro24 BMX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 58 Posts
Bartek, when Velodrome shop says, "already shipped" it doesn't necessarily mean that the item has really, truly, already shipped. Also, I think I heard the "we just switched to DHL" excuse back in 2008 when I bought something from them. It was the first and last thing I ever bought from them.
Old 11-02-17, 02:08 AM
Altimis

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Baby Puke
Bartek, when Velodrome shop says, "already shipped" it doesn't necessarily mean that the item has really, truly, already shipped. Also, I think I heard the "we just switched to DHL" excuse back in 2008 when I bought something from them. It was the first and last thing I ever bought from them.
Exacty what you said!!

I ordered on 4/9/2017, next couple days they mailed me its was accepted and shipped. But without tracking information...

I don't rush them though, just be patient waiting for... 20 days, on 24/9/2017, that almost 3 weeks.

I mail to them and ask nicely for how they ship my parcel, any idea how to track my parcel bla bla.

They replied me with number they signed at Royal Mail so I go to Royal Mail website and entered number of my signed parcel they given me.

TA DA error, unavailable, can not check at currently bla bla. Now I got real nerve as if my parcel noe "loss".

I keep checking til 27-28th, it finally show up on tracking. It says parcel just arrive at their Royal Mail department on 27th (I ordered item since 4/9/2017)

I just both "wtf" and "phew, its finally show up, at last".

Now, its on oversea travelling to my destination.

I hope they sent me a "correct size" and "brand new" handlebar...

Any thought**********
Old 11-02-17, 06:48 AM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
I recently bought a budget 3D Printer.

Now I can make all of those bike parts that I wish I were being made for trackies.
Want to collaborate on something?
Old 11-02-17, 07:19 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 675 Times in 427 Posts
Originally Posted by pierrej
Just bought some 120tpi tires and lightweight tubes for the road bike, had some canvas showing on the rear it currently has on so thought it was probably time to replace and decided to get something reasonably nice.

Bought a 52t DA chainring and 34cm cromo b123 last week from njs export, arrived today unexpectedly. The bars are brand new so look lovely, but the used chainring is the surprise as it looks immaculate
I bought a bunch of chainrings and cogs from them when I got into track racing. I placed the order on a Thursday afternoon, and USPS tried delivering it on Monday. That's right, from Japan to the East Coast in four days. Because it required a signature, I went to the post office on Tuesday to pick it up. Still, 5 days to go halfway around the world (about 7,000 miles) was amazing.

Supposedly they were all used, but I couldn't tell by looking at them.
Old 11-02-17, 07:23 AM
queerpunk
aka mattio

You are a much different (and better) rider than me, but I did the same the season I went to 165mm. I put 165mm cranks on my road bike and rode it that winter and spring then raced 165mm on my track bike that summer. My pedaling was sooo dialed that season. I recall averaging 110 RPM on a short road ride once...averaging. Hills will suck on the road, but your pedal stroke will achieve so many gains.
I'm looking forward to it. I wasn't sure what leverage difference I'd feel on the road. I did feel some of it when torqueing up steep hills.

What matters most though is that I feel like when I'm getting low and forward - in a flat-armed hoods position, an aggressive aero position - I can generate more power over the top of my pedal stroke. I can feel my hip more open.

Changing 5mm on cranks means that I boost my saddle 5mm to keep my bottom-of-stroke knee angle consistent, but at the top of the pedal stroke my pedal is 10mm lower than compared to how it is with 170mm cranks - that's a lot of extra hip angle. Hoping to see that expressed in power in the aero position!
Old 11-02-17, 08:28 AM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by queerpunk
Want to collaborate on something?
I'll PM you.

I'm looking forward to it. I wasn't sure what leverage difference I'd feel on the road. I did feel some of it when torqueing up steep hills.

What matters most though is that I feel like when I'm getting low and forward - in a flat-armed hoods position, an aggressive aero position - I can generate more power over the top of my pedal stroke. I can feel my hip more open.

Changing 5mm on cranks means that I boost my saddle 5mm to keep my bottom-of-stroke knee angle consistent, but at the top of the pedal stroke my pedal is 10mm lower than compared to how it is with 170mm cranks - that's a lot of extra hip angle. Hoping to see that expressed in power in the aero position!
Your analysis is spot on.
Old 11-02-17, 09:08 AM
bartek. 

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bartek, when Velodrome shop says, "already shipped" it doesn't necessarily mean that the item has really, truly, already shipped.
Yeah, I read about it later last night. I'm not going to defend the shop but hmm there is a lot of internet retailers especially on our local eBay that do exactly the same. They have no warehouse, they need to order it first for you, then give you tracking number that doesn't exist for days. I definitely try to avoid this kind of shops and I regret that I ordered the Scatto from them as I saw it on some reliable websites for not so much more (like $50 more) with delivery in 1-3 days.
On the other hand, the price for the Mavic wheelset was really good (ca. €1200 less in total). I wouldn't go with the Comete disc if there wasn't that good as I already own FFWD disc. So, I definitely can wait a bit longer for the wheels for this price as long as I got what I ordered (brand new, original, malfunction free).

Also, I think I heard the "we just switched to DHL" excuse back in 2008 when I bought something from them. It was the first and last thing I ever bought from them.
They say about the DHL in 2012 after London Olympics but yeah, for sure they are not another Wiggle or Chain Reaction shops. This is for sure ;-)

Originally Posted by Altimis
Exacty what you said!!
I ordered on 4/9/2017, next couple days they mailed me its was accepted and shipped. But without tracking information...
I don't rush them though, just be patient waiting for... 20 days, on 24/9/2017, that almost 3 weeks.
I mail to them and ask nicely for how they ship my parcel, any idea how to track my parcel bla bla.
They replied me with number they signed at Royal Mail so I go to Royal Mail website and entered number of my signed parcel they given me.
TA DA error, unavailable, can not check at currently bla bla. Now I got real nerve as if my parcel noe "loss".
I keep checking til 27-28th, it finally show up on tracking. It says parcel just arrive at their Royal Mail department on 27th (I ordered item since 4/9/2017)
I just both "wtf" and "phew, its finally show up, at last".
Now, its on oversea travelling to my destination.
I hope they sent me a "correct size" and "brand new" handlebar...
Any thought**********
Let us know about updates. I am scared about returning items due to wrong sizes or whatever as the shop like to say they didn't receive the returns. Well, I guess it's could be a problem for you but in my case if somehow I would get wrong items (thinking about wheels here) I would just buy a ticket to UK and return it personally. In my case it is not that much more expensive than shipping (especially with insurance). You can find the address in official papers. Anyway, I wouldn't bother to make a return, just claim to my credit card provider about chargeback.
Old 11-02-17, 11:15 AM
Voodoo76
Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts

I'm kicking around the same idea for my TT bike, currently 172.5. I got a significant power gain out of moving foreword (about 3cm over the last season) which has a similar impact on hip angle. I've always felt a little stronger on 165's but have never ridden them on the road.
Old 11-02-17, 11:49 AM
carleton
Elitist

Originally Posted by Voodoo76
I'm kicking around the same idea for my TT bike, currently 172.5. I got a significant power gain out of moving foreword (about 3cm over the last season) which has a similar impact on hip angle. I've always felt a little stronger on 165's but have never ridden them on the road.
My take is: If you ride road to train for track, set up your road bike's cranks and saddle position to match your track bike. Raise the bars for comfort. Use the same crank length as your track bike.

I have 170mm cranks on my spin bike at home and I race on 165mm cranks and it drives me nuts.
Old 11-02-17, 04:16 PM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Originally Posted by spartanKid
It makes a ton of sense to have your saddle position be in the same spot for all the bikes you train on.
i disagree - for myself - mostly because i ride different bikes (which have different purposes) differently - the kind of terrain i ride it on, how the bike handles, and how my balance and weight distribution is to suit that, my body position (hoods vs drops!)... setting up my road bike like my track bike never felt right to me.
Old 11-02-17, 04:38 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
I think I mentioned in an earlier thread about matching crank lengths between bikes. For me, it definitely allowed more power in a deeper position. The more open hip angle at TDC is what does it. Despite what many people anticipate, it also helped my seated climbing as well.
Old 11-02-17, 05:33 PM
pierrej

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by topflightpro
I bought a bunch of chainrings and cogs from them when I got into track racing. I placed the order on a Thursday afternoon, and USPS tried delivering it on Monday. That's right, from Japan to the East Coast in four days. Because it required a signature, I went to the post office on Tuesday to pick it up. Still, 5 days to go halfway around the world (about 7,000 miles) was amazing.

Supposedly they were all used, but I couldn't tell by looking at them.
I've bought all of my chainrings, cogs and now bars from them and have no complaints whatsoever. One chainring had a bit of oxidation that didn't show up well in pictures but was definitely described as stuff, but it was both cheap and a size I don't often use so no biggie. But the 52 I just got looks un to barely used.

Cannot recommend them more
Old 11-02-17, 05:42 PM
Voodoo76
Blast from the Past

Bikes: Felt FR1, Ridley Excal, CAAD10, Trek 5500, Cannondale Slice

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 43 Posts
Originally Posted by spartanKid

It makes a ton of sense to have your saddle position be in the same spot for all the bikes you train on.
Depends on how you define saddle position. If you don't take into account what you are doing with the rest of your body you may not be in the same position relative to the pedals. Change your upper body significantly (more aero) w/o moving the seat and you are not in the same position. Thats the difference between defining position by hip & knee angles vs defining it based on a vertical line through the BB.
Old 11-02-17, 08:27 PM
bartek. 

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Voodoo76
Hmmm IMHO it doesn't make sense. I would go with 175 or more for TT bike to get extra "natural" power. Even on track pursuiters often use 180 now.
Old 11-03-17, 01:18 AM
Altimis

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bartek.
Let us know about updates. I am scared about returning items due to wrong sizes or whatever as the shop like to say they didn't receive the returns. Well, I guess it's could be a problem for you but in my case if somehow I would get wrong items (thinking about wheels here) I would just buy a ticket to UK and return it personally. In my case it is not that much more expensive than shipping (especially with insurance). You can find the address in official papers. Anyway, I wouldn't bother to make a return, just claim to my credit card provider about chargeback.
Here update

My orders finally arrival at my home, its correct size and brand new

However, packing was disappointed, they packed my orders with just plastic mail bag with no shockproof or whatever to ensure stuff will not got damaged while transporting, that's NOT OK AT ALL >.> . . . but thank goodness it not damaged during transporting . . . no more complaint.

Been ordered on 4/09/2017 - they accepted my ordered, next day they told me its shipped and then . . . tracking information appears at Royal Mail website on 27th "they got item collected" I dunno what happened during 5 - 26th.

It took only 5 days for Royal Mail since item collected days to transport my goods to my destination, quite fast (but really no idea what delaying during 5-26th lol I will just ignore it now).

Happy ending, after all.
Old 11-03-17, 07:40 AM
bartek. 

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Altimis
Here update

My orders finally arrival at my home, its correct size and brand new

However, packing was disappointed, they packed my orders with just plastic mail bag with no shockproof or whatever to ensure stuff will not got damaged while transporting, that's NOT OK AT ALL >.> . . . but thank goodness it not damaged during transporting . . . no more complaint.

Been ordered on 4/09/2017 - they accepted my ordered, next day they told me its shipped and then . . . tracking information appears at Royal Mail website on 27th "they got item collected" I dunno what happened during 5 - 26th.

It took only 5 days for Royal Mail since item collected days to transport my goods to my destination, quite fast (but really no idea what delaying during 5-26th lol I will just ignore it now).

Happy ending, after all.
I'm pretty sure that 5-26th period was when they ordered your bar from distributor and waited to get it and repack. However, I saw rather positive comments about a way how they pack items to deliver in safe mode. Your description scared me a bit, especially that I ordered carbon components ;/

PS. I emailed them yesterday with asking about tracking number and got answer pretty quickly with the tracking number and information about a date when they sent it to me. They even sent information which courier service will deliver it in my country with hours of work for this company. The tracking number doesn't work at Royal Mail for now but I'm hoping it's just delays. We will see. Going to check the Royal Mail tracking system every 5 hours I guess

EDIT: Just re read the email. This is quite important:
Please note this is not a tracking number it is a delivery confirmation service only so you cannot track the delivery status. The parcel will not be able to be tracked by the courier if a delivery attempt has not been made as it is only activated when a signature is obtained upon successful delivery or a card being left at your property following a failed delivery attempt.
However they said I can call my local courier to ask about the parcel anyway, I will do on Monday just for curiosity.
Old 11-03-17, 06:22 PM
JimiMimni

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
At the behest of one of my buddies, I decided to upgrade my drivetrain a bit. Just purchased 48t, 49t, 50t and 51t Dura Ace chainrings, and EAI Superstar 14t, and 15t cogs.
Old 11-03-17, 08:06 PM
pierrej

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JimiMimni
Just purchased 48t, 49t, 50t and 51t Dura Ace chainrings, and EAI Superstar 14t, and 15t cogs.
EAI's are probably overkill for everybody really, not sure there's much to gain over a dura ace or gigas cog?
Old 11-03-17, 08:16 PM
Baby Puke

Bikes: Marin Stelvio, Pogliaghi SL, Panasonic NJS, Dolan DF4, Intense Pro24 BMX

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 58 Posts
Originally Posted by pierrej
EAI's are probably overkill for everybody really, not sure there's much to gain over a dura ace or gigas cog?
Agree, but they are very pretty! Maybe they last longer? I've only ever used DA.
Old 11-03-17, 08:22 PM
pierrej

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Agree, but they are very pretty! Maybe they last longer? I've only ever used DA.
Very pretty yes and I like the colour coded bands too, but I think that if you're short of national level then there's better things to splurge on. Even then, they probably don't need much more than DAs
Old 11-04-17, 12:22 AM
carleton
Elitist

I have one. A gold 14t. I got it used. I don't notice any difference. It's just my bling race cog that I would leave on the disc.

For color coding, I once bought a set of paint pens and painted the face my 13, 14, and 15t cogs cogs a different color. It helps when you are grabbing one out of the track sack or when you look down at the wheel on the bike and know what cog is on. There probably isn't enough face to paint on the 12t though.

Oh...and I bought something, too:

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.