Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

"Not Just Bikes -- Strong Towns"

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-21, 12:16 PM
Headpost

Bikes: I've stopped at seven.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 302 Times in 185 Posts

My apologies if everyone else here has already seen this series; I only just discovered it. IMO all of the videos are worth watching, but I found this series particularly enlightening.

Likes For Headpost:
Old 03-04-21, 07:51 AM
Vismund B

Bikes: An old Panasonic Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts
I recently discovered Not Just Bikes channel on YouTube and I am hooked on it. Great videos that get the message across without all the BS that lots of other people insist on filling their videos with, and with a great sense of humor (or humour, since he is Canadian) to boot.

My wife and I are trying to plan our escape from where we currently live but cannot seem to find the right place for us. These videos just keep making the case for the Netherlands stronger and stronger.
Old 03-05-21, 06:33 PM
Headpost

Bikes: I've stopped at seven.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 302 Times in 185 Posts
Yeah, my girlfriend and I, every time we think about moving out of the city, the thought of having to get in a car to get somewhere stops us dead. She can't even drive!
Likes For Headpost:
Old 03-10-21, 01:12 PM
Stadjer

Bikes: Gazelle rod brakes, Batavus compact, Peugeot hybrid

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 5996 Post(s)
Liked 956 Times in 730 Posts
Originally Posted by Vismund B
I recently discovered Not Just Bikes channel on YouTube and I am hooked on it. Great videos that get the message across without all the BS that lots of other people insist on filling their videos with, and with a great sense of humor (or humour, since he is Canadian) to boot.
I agree, many cycling advocacy video's are made with a fixed idea what needs to be done in terms of cycling infrastructure, usually bike lanes, and then show bike lanes in the Netherlands as proof it works. I live in The Netherlands and believe bike lanes are mostly accomodating drivers. This guy has a deeper understanding of how it works and how many things are related, and humour.