Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

2022 Trek FX 2 saddle

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

2022 Trek FX 2 saddle

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-22, 08:51 PM
Bliip

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
2022 Trek FX 2 saddle

I just surprised my wife with a 20022 FX2 and while looking it over at home I noticed it did not come with a Bontrager Sport saddle but a DDK Pro Active saddle. It has a sticker on it QC.37. I realize because of the bike/parts shortage that some bikes are being sold with other than the listed components. Does anyone know if this is a good brand and how does it compare to Bontrager? I could not find this saddle on the DDK website.
Old 03-12-22, 11:54 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 699 Times in 436 Posts
Don't have experience with either, but here are some DDK saddles--any of these what is on the bike? ddk pro active saddle - Bing images
Does she like the saddle which is on the bike? That is what is important.

Last edited by freeranger; 03-12-22 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-12-22, 12:53 PM
Bliip

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by freeranger
Don't have experience with either, but here are some DDK saddles--any of these what is on the bike? ddk pro active saddle - Bing images
Does she like the saddle which is on the bike? That is what is important.
Thanks for the link. It is none of those though. It also seems to be of decent quality. She has not tried it yet except for sitting on it. The weather here has been brutal and the couple of times it did warm up without rain we were working. Right now its Saturday and 32 degrees with wind and freezing rain. Lol🙄
Old 03-13-22, 05:41 PM
hokiefyd 

Bikes: More bikes than riders

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Liked 761 Times in 569 Posts
I wouldn't say that Bontrager-branded saddles (which are subcontracted from another supplier anyway) aren't intrinsically better or worse than any other. What really matter is comfort for the rider. If the DDK-branded saddle is not comfortable, then I'd probably just shop around for one that is comfortable (just as you'd do if she didn't like the Bontrager).
Likes For hokiefyd:
Old 03-13-22, 06:47 PM
Bliip

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by hokiefyd
I wouldn't say that Bontrager-branded saddles (which are subcontracted from another supplier anyway) aren't intrinsically better or worse than any other. What really matter is comfort for the rider. If the DDK-branded saddle is not comfortable, then I'd probably just shop around for one that is comfortable (just as you'd do if she didn't like the Bontrager).
Agreed
Old 03-16-22, 11:03 PM
SteveInConverse

Bikes: Trek

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Bliip
I just surprised my wife with a 20022 FX2 and while looking it over at home I noticed it did not come with a Bontrager Sport saddle but a DDK Pro Active saddle. It has a sticker on it QC.37. I realize because of the bike/parts shortage that some bikes are being sold with other than the listed components. Does anyone know if this is a good brand and how does it compare to Bontrager? I could not find this saddle on the DDK website.
I absolutely hated the Bontrager Sport on my FX1 when I first got it, but now I'm used to it, but that said, I'm looking to change to a Bontrager Boulevard which is much wider at the back. You could go to a local bike shop to see if you can figure the width of her sit bones and then find a saddle more inline with her measurements.
Likes For SteveInConverse:
Old 03-17-22, 07:28 AM
Nate8727

Bikes: 2021 Trek Verve 1 Disc

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 9 Posts
Depends what she likes. I'm using the Bongtrager Boulevard saddle and that one is ok.

I had a Schwinn Cruiser Saddle on my previous bike and that one was great.
Likes For Nate8727: