Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello from Central Ohio

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello from Central Ohio

Old 09-28-22, 06:10 PM
tlynch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Central Ohio

Way back in 84-90, I rode a LOT. Sometimes 600 miles a week. Mostly around the local public park, a 1.2 mile circle.

But I also ran in a bunch of local small races. Mostly sprints. I was one of those "non-team", New Balance wearing, not shaving my legs rejects Even more funny that I was good enough to not care.

Life got in the way, and my 1984 Lejeune stayed in the garage for decades. I bought a Trek mountain bike in the mid-90's but just didn't have time to ride. Sadly my kids weren't into cycling, so it to ended up sitting in the garage till last year. When I gave it to a handyman who R&R'd and painted the trim on our house.

I've been a rider by proxy of friends for years. Man, there's some amazing bikes and tech out there.

Maybe I'll get back into riding outside myself, but roads here are insane for cyclists.
Old 09-29-22, 03:59 AM
Trav1s
Deraill this!

Bikes: 18 Cdale Quick 1, 94 S-Works M2, 98 730 Multitrak, and a few others

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 378 Times in 220 Posts
Welcome (back)! There are a quite a few Central Ohio people on the forum. I am probably the newest - just moved back after nearly 20 years away.
Old 09-29-22, 09:13 AM
IcySwan1 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 104 Times in 73 Posts
Welcome. Central Ohio is great. Saddle up again and enjoy

Mike
Old 09-29-22, 09:35 AM
phedge

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 260 Times in 89 Posts
Look into gravel riding, you're right in the heart of some great routes. I drive down for the day occasionally just for a new route to ride.
Ohio Gravel Grinders