Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello fellow cyclists

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hello fellow cyclists

Old 10-22-22, 10:21 AM
Allegro Doug

Bikes: early 60's Allegro is my main ride, also own a Trek for off-road, and adopted a friends nice 80's era Bottechia

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Hello fellow cyclists

Long time lurker, new registrant. You have a lot going on here, and though I may not be able to keep up with everyone, it looks like a fun place to learn.

I bought my Allegro secondhand back in 1974 (!) and have loved riding it since. There were years when it sat underused, but I always kept it around. Recent events made it more practical to ride about and now I enjoy not burning fossil fuel to go run errands or traverse the (mostly) flats of the San Fernando Valley (where I live in Los Angeles).

By lurking here, I've learned many intriguing aspects of riding and my bike's provenance. I'd like to learn more and so I'm hoping a newbie's questions will be tolerated. Hopefully I'll also be able to better maintain my old ride and even upgrade it from time to time.

Glad to be a part of your community, thanks!
Doug
Likes For Allegro Doug:
Old 10-22-22, 12:21 PM
10 Wheels
Galveston County Texas

Bikes: 02 GTO, 2011 Magnum

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked 1,243 Times in 621 Posts
Hey Doug.
Welcome to BF.
Look around and Have Fun Posting.

Old 10-22-22, 02:21 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2555 Post(s)
Liked 5,577 Times in 2,894 Posts
Good for you for keeping the carbon emissions down. I have given up driving my pre-catalytic sports cars much to the consternation of my fellow car enthusiasts. Hopefully they will figure it out some day. Moving from driving to cycling bestows so many benefits, telling some one feels like proselytizing, so I don’t bother. Welcome to the forum.