Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Looking for Quality Bike Lights

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Looking for Quality Bike Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-17, 12:49 PM
JohnnyMordoc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just received the Hotsot 150 yesterday and am awaiting delivery of the Metro 1100 -
Will post info when I receive it and am setup.
Thanks.
Old 09-20-17, 01:05 PM
srestrepo

Bikes: 2016 Felt Z85 105, 2016 GT Grade Sora

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skipjacks
I'm curious, how bright is the 1100?

The 460 is more than bright enough as a "see me" light so how strong is the 1100 in practice? I assume there are settings to make it less bright as a daytime blinker and "emulate the noon day sunshine" as a night time headlamp.
I have the cygoliye metro 1100 - for the blinking patterns I'd say they're definitely too bright for group rides and distractingly bright for daylight unless there is no shade and no clouds anywhere and it's the middle if the day.
Otherwise if I need a blinking pattern, I use the steady flash or the pulse option so that the flickering light isn't too much. So far as I know and I may definitely be wrong, you control the frequency of the strobes but not how bright. And they're definitely bright.
Old 09-20-17, 02:28 PM
dim

Bikes: Trek Emonda SL6 .... Miyata One Thousand

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 22 Posts
get Dinotte

I have Cygolite (and I live in the UK) .... excellent, but when I'm flush with cash, I will get the Dinotte

https://dinottelighting.com/
Old 09-25-21, 08:17 AM
eatontkd

Bikes: 1984 Cannondale road w/ MANY upgrades, 2017 Trek Fx7.5 Hybrid, 1953 Rudge "work-in-progress", a 1956 Hercules "Royal Prince", and an unknown year, unknown frame lot's a fun single-speed!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 58 Posts
Greetings~ I appreciate the advice offered. I'm looking for DRL type lighting as I live and commute in a city....sort of. I've been getting A LOT of ads for "Bright Eyes". Of course the ads make them out to be awesome. Anyone have any experience with this company and product?

Thanks much, Doug
Old 10-04-21, 08:30 AM
Bholz

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
There are millions of options on amazon. Just read some reviews to find what fits your need the best
Old 10-04-21, 08:55 AM
xroadcharlie

Bikes: 2018 Giant Sedona

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 95 Posts
Just because a light has a bracket for a bike doesn't make it a bike light. Most are just glorified flashlights that send a blinding light into the eyes of oncoming cars, cyclist and pedestrians.

A proper bike light illuminates the path in front of you a long way like those, without blinding others. Google "Low glare bike lights".

Anybody can makes a cheap blindingly bright light as you see on Amazon, Making one that's bright with minimal glare takes some ingenuity and probably cost more, But is worth every cent if you respect other cyclist and pedestrians.

And no, cheap lights on low aren't any better. The headlight on my GMC Terrain outputs 1350 lm's on low beam and has less glare then the 150 lm light on my bike on low, which I intend to replace with a proper low glare headlight.

Last edited by xroadcharlie; 10-04-21 at 11:18 AM.
Likes For xroadcharlie: