Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Pictures Day 6 Cycle NC

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Pictures Day 6 Cycle NC

Old 10-08-21, 01:36 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Pictures Day 6 Cycle NC

Day 6 Cycle NC Done! 76 miles from Smithfield to Wallace. Overcast, decent winds, no rain and good temperatures to ride in.

But the story for today was food poisoning from last night’s supper that affected a LOT of riders, including me. Quite a few folks got very little sleep from feeling bad. It’s not what you need away from home, camping and needing to ride a bike! A lot of people were dragging this morning and a number chose not to ride.

I rode but it was certainly more challenging starting on a fairly empty stomach and not eating as much as usual along the way. My brother and I rode together a good bit more today.

One more day of riding to close it out!!! Maybe we’ll get lucky and avoid most of the rain!!

My brother wearing his Speedway Time Trial jersey

Cox Creek landing crossing

The pickle train in Mt Olive……anyone eaten Mt Olive pickles?

I sat in a pace line today just trying to save some energy

Not liking these dark clouds

Tonight’s entertainment
Old 10-08-21, 11:56 PM
rsbob 
Grupetto Bob

Bikes: Bikey McBike Face

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Liked 5,427 Times in 2,826 Posts
Food poisoning is the worst, especially when camping - with several other sickos. Very sorry to hear about that rough day. Don’t eat the potato or macaroni salad! Hope it all turned out better.